I donno, people who publish cookbooks shouldn't be THAT skinny. Just doesn't seem right...

So you must love Jennifer and Clarissa like me, eh?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I donno, people who publish cookbooks shouldn't be THAT skinny. Just doesn't seem right...

So you must love Jennifer and Clarissa like me, eh?

Sadly, I've only heard of them but never seen them. They do sound like a blast, and are English too.

Is the show still on? Where? I don't watch much TV but would tape it...

Just got The French Chef DVD set and watch it for pure entertainment value - priceless.

But wait, there's more. The show is fimed in PsychoCam. Starting with a wide shot they suddenly switch to a camera angle about 6 inches away from her frying pan or cutting board or whetever she's getting into. It's jarring and gimmicky.

This is the same camera style used in Barefoot Contessa. While I often have no idea what she is cutting, it can be interesting to see its atomic structure. seriously, this camera style is horrible. it makes me seasick and induces seizures.

Didn't it start with the Naked Chef? I assume it's all the same British production company.

"oh! So that's what a clove of garlic looks like in a pan! Good to know!"

I think that may have been so viewers didn't have to always be looking at Jamie's tongue lolling all over.

Ron got some time on your hands?

Not starting any new cases?

:(

I have NOTHING to do. Kind of weird being in a law practice that is closing its doors next Friday.

New job doesn't start until June 1. You're going to be seeing a lot of me around here. :(

She is very well proportioned, her hair is a bit mane-like, perhaps that adds to everyone's views? I love her voice, by the way...her ennunciation.

Re: her cooking skills. My 21 yr old daughter has never shown any indication, even after much "including kids in the kitchen" type of efforts, to cook anything more than a frozen pizza. During the past year, with a lighter work load at school, she took to the terrible habit of channel surfing, and was finding herself landing on TFN pretty often,..then she would ask me about Giada, then she made a few dishes of hers,and Ray's and many of those beginner chefs, then she asked for a good sautee pan for her b'day...so you see where this is heading.

Kate might not go any further in her interest of food than where she is right now, or she might join me in homemade shellfish stock and food boards...but either way, she looks with disdain on frozen pizza.

her interest of food than where she is right now, or she might join me in homemade shellfish stock and food boards...but either way, she looks with disdain on frozen pizza.

That's great news. Just try and nudge her towards Giada and away from Ray. Just a wee bit.

But what about the book. Is there anything of interest?

Maybe I have low standards, but I think that she looks perfectly fine. I mean, as far as the food network goes she's pretty damn hot. Paula Deen, Mario Batali, and Bobby "protruding man nipples" Flay are certainly nothing to write home about.

That Flay comment is hilarious - lightweight cotton and linen is not his friend at all. Maybe a few more push-ups?

But wait, there's more.  The show is fimed in PsychoCam.  Starting with a wide shot they suddenly switch to a camera angle about 6 inches away from her frying pan or cutting board or whetever she's getting into.  It's jarring and gimmicky.

This is the same camera style used in Barefoot Contessa. While I often have no idea what she is cutting, it can be interesting to see its atomic structure. seriously, this camera style is horrible. it makes me seasick and induces seizures.

I think they stole their camera technique from Nigella's show. The early Barefoot Contessa shows looked almost identical in lighting and framing.

Maybe I have low standards, but I think that she looks perfectly fine.  I mean, as far as the food network goes she's pretty damn hot.  Paula Deen, Mario Batali, and Bobby "protruding man nipples" Flay are certainly nothing to write home about.

That Flay comment is hilarious - lightweight cotton and linen is not his friend at all. Maybe a few more push-ups?

no shit. I noticed his man-nips the other day, then I realized that everyone's been calling him Booby Flay for a while. sometimes, I am a little slow. :(

Maybe I have low standards, but I think that she looks perfectly fine.  I mean, as far as the food network goes she's pretty damn hot.  Paula Deen, Mario Batali, and Bobby "protruding man nipples" Flay are certainly nothing to write home about.

no shit. I noticed his man-nips the other day, then I realized that everyone's been calling him Booby Flay for a while. sometimes, I am a little slow. :(

He probably has a fluffer on the set. :( perky!