home remodeling and effects on value

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LIPPY: Princeton area prices, about $4-500, to sheetrock over, with basic quarter round molding. Add$$ for removal of old ceiling if needed, and decent looking molding.

I vote you should make some improvements. Psychologically, this allows you to brand the home as your own. It also gives you something to talk about with the neighbors with whom you have nothing in common. Of course, all the husbands get pissed when they get home and their wives start nagging to make the same improvements.

LIPPY: Princeton area prices, about $4-500, to sheetrock over, with basic quarter round molding. Add$$ for removal of old ceiling if needed, and decent looking molding.

Oh my god, that is insane. My contractor would charge 2 days labor and materials. I'd estimate not more than $2,000.

LIPPY: Princeton area prices, about $4-500, to sheetrock over, with basic quarter round molding.  Add$$ for removal of old ceiling if needed, and decent looking molding.

Oh my god, that is insane. My contractor would charge 2 days labor and materials. I'd estimate not more than $2,000.

He's pegged you as high maintenance. :(

A couple of before-and-after shots, to show you how wood floors and a nice wall color (and hauling the old owner's crap to the dump :() can bring a house to a different emotional level:

lrbefore9nc.jpg lrafter8km.jpg

bedroombefore3xp.jpg bedroomafter0fg.jpg

Aw come on, you really work at HGTV now doncha. I get it now, you may be Scorched Palate to us but you're really Michael Payne! :(