Wilf's recent mention of the hot chef at new restaurant Degustation (and of course, our own NeroW) got me thinking we need to salute the hotness that doesn't come just from the stove.

Name the good lookin' slaving away in our nation's kitchens. (Believe me, I'm more likely to go there. :( )

I'll start: there be an ultra handsome chef at Momofuku -- tall dark handsome and tats up his forearms. As those of you know, the eating situation there is such that the diner sitting at the bar is less than an arm's reach to the chefs. On my last visit, I found myself slurping not only noodles but also my own drool.

Hotness factor: 4.5 of 5 chili peppers. :(

• Like 1

Aaron Sanchez gets my vote:

0609610759.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Goofy picture but Ripert is pretty dreamy:

ERipert.jpg

and as they say, a little salt, a little pepper-

Cat Cora is very beguiling:

cat_cora_NEW_e.jpg

Poor old Rocco would be top of the list, I think, if he wasn't a spectacular fuckup.

On the distaff side, Sarma Melngailis, though clearly the necessity of strangling her to death within 30s of meeting her might dampen the ardor.

I'll second Aaron, and Rocco, and Eric, and David English in New Orleans, and and and....

Can we count Bourdain, as an ex-chef? Nigella isn't a chef, but I think she's hot. (OK, so I'm not very original in my tastes.)

A little more off the beaten path: Marcus Samuelsson

1723_1.jpg

And Fergus Henderson is cute as a bug, though I don't think I could call him "hot".

a716.jpg

Not hot: Batali, Flay, Jamie O, Clarissa Dickson-Wright/Jennifer Paterson.

You ain't kidding on Samuelsson.

Rocco - feh, not hot at all. Sheeplike in appearance and total doofus.

Now I'm not his biggest fan (gahd this is such a hen-like thread, and yet I can't resist joining) but Todd English won't break any mirrors either. Those pictures on his web site are just ridiculous.

1.jpg

OK, OK, you're one hot toddy. :( Now button up.

Marcus Samuelsson is gorgeous.  No way is he off the beaten path.

Hee! I meant a little less predictable of a choice than Nigella or Tony B.

I almost said English, too, but I find narcissism utterly unattractive. :(

Edit: Both the unbuttoned shirt and the attitude remind me of Mr. Ramsay, too. The worst part of his Kitchen Nightmares rescue-the-reastaurant series was the gratuitous dressing-room shots.

Now I'm not his biggest fan (gahd this is such a hen-like thread, and yet I can't resist joining) but Todd English won't break any mirrors either. Those pictures on his web site are just ridiculous.

He takes good pictures but I don't think he's attractive. Unless he wants to buy extra fancy heirloom beans and then in that case he is H-O-T, HOT!!!!!

I have to admit I've always been a bit of a Ruhlman fan. A little old for me but I like the quiet funny guys the best.

I have to admit I've always been a bit of a Ruhlman fan. A little old for me but I like the quiet funny guys the best.

ouch

He takes good pictures but I don't think he's attractive. Unless he wants to buy extra fancy heirloom beans and then in that case he is H-O-T, HOT!!!!!

Well, I don't think he's unattractive in person. Those pictures don't entirely lie, though the very few times I met him (& shook hands, but that was all) he was wearing rather prim attire or whites, not unbuttoned shirts, sadly.

Narcissism is rather amusing. Todd English's web images go something like this... "Yeah, I know, I'm smokin'. Just take a look. And I can COOK on top of that! Just try to get your mind around that, IF you can. I mean, I *know* it's hard to believe I'm for real. So take your time."

ouch

Erm...at least I think he is :( Anyway, I am way immature.

edit: okay just looked it up. By Lebanese marriage standards he is totally the right age. :(