Something is happening to my earlobes. None of my earings sit well anymore. I've been told that I need to re-pierce them because the hole has migrated lower due to, ahem, advancing age.

I have those earlobes that have a rounded bottom. I understand some people don't. :( Is this an ethnic difference?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop wearing earrings for a while and the holes will close up. Wait a while and then re-pierce.

I am about to repierce after having a torn lobe surgically repaired---friend's baby grabbed my earring and yanked. Ouch.

Stop wearing earrings for a while and the holes will close up. Wait a while and then re-pierce.

I don't think so. :(

I have three holes in each lobe and have gone for years without wearing earings. None have closed up.

I don't think so. :(

I have three holes in each lobe and have gone for years without wearing earings. None have closed up.

I must have some kick-ass immune system. If I stop wearing earrings for more than a few days they close right up.

The servers at the Malaysian Skyway restaurant had a custom I remember seeing in the far east. There was a large bowl of - I think - water, with big protruding silver handles. Between serving dishes, they would grasp these handles and rub them fiercely for luck.

Must be a bit rough on the ears.

I must have some kick-ass immune system.  If I stop wearing earrings for more than a few days they close right up.

You haven't seen anyone smoking a cigar with funny metal claws that spring out from his knuckles hanging around, have you? Or maybe a bald guy in a wheelchair? Got any strange dogtags that you don't quite remember where they came from? :(

I must have some kick-ass immune system.  If I stop wearing earrings for more than a few days they close right up.

You haven't seen anyone smoking a cigar with funny metal claws that spring out from his knuckles hanging around, have you? Or maybe a bald guy in a wheelchair? Got any strange dogtags that you don't quite remember where they came from? :(

It's an ethnic difference. :(