Eleven Madison Park

That's exactly it. The idea of having a big meal on train just kind of disgusts me.

The reason this is stupid is because nobody travels from New York to Chicago on a train and the train itself is meant to be the activity in this . As someone who used to take twice weekly trips btw RI and NY on Amtrak, I can definitely say that the ability to have an edible meal would have been miraculous. Whenever I eat a meal on a train in Europe I'm overwhelmed with sadness that Amtrak sucks so much.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been a couple of times before and although perfectly ok I found it pretty ho hum; neither as exciting as a top tier restaurant (the Danny Meyer effect) nor as satisfying as a decent bistro. But a

I look forward to the next iteration, when he transforms it into the first NFT restaurant, with menus of Non-Food Tokens for 500 Ethereum. You sit at a table and look at pictures of food and wine bott

EMP Miami 🤣

Posted Images

It could be like From Russia With Love where you have dinner together and then have a fight to the death back in your compartment.

It could also end up like the train ride in Trading Places where the guy gets locked in a cage with an amorous gorilla.

It could be like From Russia With Love where you have dinner together and then have a fight to the death back in your compartment.

It could also end up like the train ride in Trading Places where the guy gets locked in a cage with an amorous gorilla.

That happened to me only once.

That's exactly it. The idea of having a big meal on train just kind of disgusts me.

The reason this is stupid is because nobody travels from New York to Chicago on a train and the train itself is meant to be the activity in this . As someone who used to take twice weekly trips btw RI and NY on Amtrak, I can definitely say that the ability to have an edible meal would have been miraculous. Whenever I eat a meal on a train in Europe I'm overwhelmed with sadness that Amtrak sucks so much.

Stupid? No more stupid than flying from NYC to Chicago just to eat dinner; probably less in terms of monetary and ecological cost. I've done the train ride at least three times, maybe more. Lake Shore Limited and Twentieth Century, both. Skipped the Capitol Limited, though. The train food is poor, yes, but the ride itself is very enjoyable, a great chance to relax. But then I'm an outlier here.

Anyway, the point is that it will be their train, not Amtrak, you'll be eating their food en route, and have dinner at the restaurants at each end.

As one who somewhat often takes the northeast regional between DC & NYC, I will say that the Beefeater & tonic from the club car (at $8) is perfectly acceptable. And, if you just happen to take along your own pint of Beef, it's even cheaper than that.

• 5 months later...