Eleven Madison Park

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been a couple of times before and although perfectly ok I found it pretty ho hum; neither as exciting as a top tier restaurant (the Danny Meyer effect) nor as satisfying as a decent bistro. But a

I look forward to the next iteration, when he transforms it into the first NFT restaurant, with menus of Non-Food Tokens for 500 Ethereum. You sit at a table and look at pictures of food and wine bott

EMP Miami 🤣

Posted Images

Between this and the Bocuse d'Or, who says American fine dining is dead?

Good on them. Now let's see if Made Nice, their majorly delayed $15 plate lunch spot, can crack the top 50.

Just to make the obvious point, there's nothing local (i.e., "American") about being on a list for international travelers. SP restaurants are kind of like the U.N. building: in the city they're in, but not of it. This award just means there's an international outpost in the U.S.

I hope you're joking about Made Nice.

Isn't it a bit more complicated - they're of a place, but in a certain specific way.

"Of" a place in the sense that they're putting certain characteristics of their location on display for tourists.

Maybe Rockefeller Center is a better analogy, then. (Times Square would be too nasty -- and unlike Times Square, locals sometimes do go to Rockefeller Center.)

Maybe Rockefeller Center is a better analogy, then. (Times Square would be too nasty -- and unlike Times Square, locals sometimes do go to Rockefeller Center.)

When I was regularly going to Saturday matinees I would occasionally walk through Times Square on the way from the subway to the theater. I was always afraid someone I knew would see me and they wouldn't believe my reason for being there.

The duck isn't on their 'greatest hits' menu? Instead the fowl on the menu is their demi-deuil variant [i'm sitting here trying to imagine how asparagus tastes with black truffle, actually].

After reading the article, I don't think I really need to dine there before the renovation, though I should like to look at the room one more time. Perhaps I can dine at the bar if they'll still serve the duck there?

• 1 month later...

Eleven Madison Park will be closing for renovations this summer. The staff will decamp to the Hamptons for the duration.

The pop-up, called EMP Summer House, opens June 24 and will feature a more casual menu and atmosphere. Rather than a $295, 11-course tasting menu, the summer spot will feature fried chicken feasts ($75 a person), lobster boils ($125 a person) and other dishes.

Tickets for the second round of reservations will be available. The first round has sold out.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/25/style/the-talk-of-the-hamptons-this-summer.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Ffashion&action=click&contentCollection=fashion&region=rank&module=package&version=highlights&contentPlacement=6&pgtype=sectionfront

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Eleven Madison Park isn't the best restaurant in the world. But it may have the best PR.

Rosenberg was basically kicked out of news into the food world because she insisted on 'hard' news. So she was a bit self-conscious about working in PR/marketing.

The article also links to the GQ video about Humm and Guidara moving to the Hamptons for the summer.

Edited: I find myself wondering whether she's single...