Eleven Madison Park

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been a couple of times before and although perfectly ok I found it pretty ho hum; neither as exciting as a top tier restaurant (the Danny Meyer effect) nor as satisfying as a decent bistro. But a

I look forward to the next iteration, when he transforms it into the first NFT restaurant, with menus of Non-Food Tokens for 500 Ethereum. You sit at a table and look at pictures of food and wine bott

EMP Miami 🤣

Posted Images

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

You think you're kidding. From the article (about a beet):

"While the dish appears simple, its preparation is almost absurdly complex, requiring a 16-hour process with more than a dozen distinct steps—including preparing a roasted herb and lettuce sauce, herb garland and a clay vase that is cracked open as part of the presentation."

And they're not counting the months the chef spends protecting the beet from gophers while it grows. 

I have to say last time at Arpege we had a beet tartare that was spectacular and a completely believable stand in for beef tartare, but I then the main course was challans duck in burgundy grand cru reduction. 

• Like 1

In the coverage I've seen, there's no suggestion that the tasting menu price is coming down from $335. And however long it takes to flavor a beetroot, that surely means a bigger profit margin. 

Maybe because I've been in an exceptionally cranky mood the last couple of days, I think this is some self-righteous #$%#$%, but the "woke" moneyed class is going to fall all over themselves going to prove how enlightened they are.  And they have some nerve charging the same amount of money.

3 hours ago, small h said:

You think you're kidding. From the article (about a beet):

"While the dish appears simple, its preparation is almost absurdly complex, requiring a 16-hour process with more than a dozen distinct steps—including preparing a roasted herb and lettuce sauce, herb garland and a clay vase that is cracked open as part of the presentation."

Then Goldilocks cried out, "Someone's been playing with my FOOD!"

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, Anthony Bonner said:

meh. If they want to go vegan let them go vegan. Its not like we were all raving about what value for money it was given the incredible ingredients they were using.

Right, by the time a place like that is done with a beet it's $100/lb any way you look at it. Plus of course truffles, morels, fiddleheads, vanity vinegars, etc. are more expensive than almost any meat. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Wilfrid said:

In the coverage I've seen, there's no suggestion that the tasting menu price is coming down from $335. And however long it takes to flavor a beetroot, that surely means a bigger profit margin. 

They say that each meal purchased will also send five meals to people in need in NYC. Which raises the question, can one write off part of their bill from their taxable income? Will it be akin to buying a ticket to a charity event?