Eleven Madison Park

Just now, Seth Gordon said:

. Which raises the question, can one write off part of their bill from their taxable income? Will it be akin to buying a ticket to a charity event? 

Let's see what happens with SALT before jumping to any conclusions.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been a couple of times before and although perfectly ok I found it pretty ho hum; neither as exciting as a top tier restaurant (the Danny Meyer effect) nor as satisfying as a decent bistro. But a

I look forward to the next iteration, when he transforms it into the first NFT restaurant, with menus of Non-Food Tokens for 500 Ethereum. You sit at a table and look at pictures of food and wine bott

Then Goldilocks cried out, "Someone's been playing with my FOOD!"

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, joethefoodie said:

Let's see what happens with SALT before jumping to any conclusions.

EMP Miami 🤣

• Like 2

I figure whatever they do, they'll keep their stars from NYT and Mich, because neither will want to be seen demoting them for eco-consciousness. I could even imagine Wells giving them a glorious four-star reappraisal for his return to starred reviews. 

They'll do good business for a year or so, between curious returners and the usual tourist star-collectors. And I imagine if (when) they find there aren't as many repeat customers as in the past, because people just aren't quite willing to throw down $350/pp for garden-variety (har har) ingredients, they'll start offering a couple non-plant "EMP classics" like the duck as (exorbitantly priced) supplements. Unless his vegan girlfriend plans on underwriting it as a vanity project forever.

• Like 1

They don't have to be that cagey.  They reinvent themselves every couple of years.  There's no reason to expect this format to stick any longer than the one with the magicians, or the one with the menu grid.

easy to imagine the press release for the next reboot: at it's heart a restaurant is all about making people happy, and there's a profound sense of wellbeing when you meet people's expectations of what a meal (at this price) should be, we want to rediscover the joy in feeding people things that they want to eat.... 

• Like 1

He's grabbed our collective attention, no?    Getting more press and interest than were he to simply reopen.   He'll win the same one-timers as have kept him relevant in the past.   Kind of like buying a statement dress that you wear for one season.   

But what you have to understand is that they’ve been doing the same thing every two years or so since they took ownership from Danny Meyer.

And the press keeps biting. 

20 minutes ago, Sneakeater said:

But what you have to understand is that they’ve been doing the same thing every two years or so since they took ownership from Danny Meyer.

Exactly, hence my metaphor of fashion,  But by definition the press has no choice but to find things to chew.

But they could at least acknowledge what’s happening (like “there they go again”) instead of breathlessly repeating each successive round of promotional claims.   

You know, like commit journalism. 

• Like 2

Right, and I was trying to remember the name of the Times writer who disgracefully wrote a promo article for every change, making a mockery of the review process. Jeff someone? Help me.

13 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

I look forward to the next iteration, when he transforms it into the first NFT restaurant, with menus of Non-Food Tokens for 500 Ethereum. You sit at a table and look at pictures of food and wine bottles you now “own” on an iPad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3