Eleven Madison Park

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been a couple of times before and although perfectly ok I found it pretty ho hum; neither as exciting as a top tier restaurant (the Danny Meyer effect) nor as satisfying as a decent bistro. But a

I look forward to the next iteration, when he transforms it into the first NFT restaurant, with menus of Non-Food Tokens for 500 Ethereum. You sit at a table and look at pictures of food and wine bott

A visitor having business with the lord arrives at a great manor house in Western Europe.  He is greeted by the lady of the house. "And where is your husband?", the visitor asks, after pleasantri

Posted Images

Whether it gets the restaurant right or not, it’s a terrific piece of writing.

The best insult? 
- “tastes like Lemon Pledge and smells like a burning joint”

- “like tomatoes run through a wah-wah pedal”

- “certain dishes are as subtle as a dirty martini”

And then after all the slapstick there are some shrewd comments about the point of it all at the end. Four stars.

2 hours ago, Wilfrid said:

Whether it gets the restaurant right or not, it’s a terrific piece of writing.

The best insult? 
- “tastes like Lemon Pledge and smells like a burning joint”

- “like tomatoes run through a wah-wah pedal”

- “certain dishes are as subtle as a dirty martini”

And then after all the slapstick there are some shrewd comments about the point of it all at the end. Four stars.

::gold star::

Am curious how cruel or censorious the final paragraph was intended to be. To my mind, it read like: You bloody hypocrite. But perhaps that was my own rage.

My imagination is not what it was in my youth, but why would you inflict a prohibition v eggs and butter on a pastry chef? Yet that was one area Wells did not feel was crippled by the new vegan regime. 

Is Humm still seeing Laurene Powell Jobs? I presume so if he was able to afford a $14 million penthouse this summer?

Was there any mention of wine, outside of beetjuice? 

12 hours ago, joethefoodie said:

I can also see how the review, in its entirety, might just be Wells taking on all the hypocrisy of high priced exclusivity in these, how shall we say, more contagiously sensitive times; that is, not just vis-à-vis restaurants.  

Yes, and the secret beef room for those in the know really twists the blade.