Eleven Madison Park

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been a couple of times before and although perfectly ok I found it pretty ho hum; neither as exciting as a top tier restaurant (the Danny Meyer effect) nor as satisfying as a decent bistro. But a

I look forward to the next iteration, when he transforms it into the first NFT restaurant, with menus of Non-Food Tokens for 500 Ethereum. You sit at a table and look at pictures of food and wine bott

A visitor having business with the lord arrives at a great manor house in Western Europe.  He is greeted by the lady of the house. "And where is your husband?", the visitor asks, after pleasantri

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Sneakeater said:

I guess what I’m saying is, the optics are horrible if you don’t know what a private room at a place like EMP is.

So is it the job of the food press to fan the populist flames, or to report on things as they actually are?   (The way Wells told it, you’d think any random rich person could just wander into EMP any night and order a steak.)

And remember, I write this as a committed Commie.

The way the media told it. That’s what I mean by optics. May have been totally unfair, but of course it’s going to look awful. 

What have left wing politics got to do with it? Wells said that, until the end of the year, the restaurant was still buying beef and selling it to rich people in the private dining rooms. True, I assume. Bad look? Yes. Reality, they didn’t want to cancel and refund private events? Okay. This is the cost of virtue signaling. 

We live in parlous times.  You can dump on people like EMP for being elitist.

Or you can commit to opposing Fascism—violently if necessary.

But tweaking people for meeting their contractual obligations strikes me as being seriously counter-productive. 

You’re saying the private dining room meat option was available through end of 2021 only to parties that had booked prior to June, or prior to the restaurant making its decision to go vegan? 

I’m saying that they kept it open to people who had booked private dining rooms previously, and then decided that since it was only going to be available to a date certain (as we called it in the law), it would be easier and fairer to make the private dining rooms’ menu available to anyone during that period who would make the necessary commitment.

(I’m assuming you know what a private dining room is in a restaurant like this:  a major commitment for a largish event. It’s not just a table for two for you and your mistress.)

The solution is of course to include in the FAQ, about 150 questions in, "Are there animal products in the EMP kitchen?" "We have made a limited number of commitments to serve real food to private parties... Separate kitchen" Blah blah

1 hour ago, Orik said:

The solution is of course to include in the FAQ, about 150 questions in, "Are there animal products in the EMP kitchen?" "We have made a limited number of commitments to serve real food to private parties... Separate kitchen" Blah blah

In the Before Time, there was a separate kitchen upstairs which was used to prepare meals for the private dining rooms on that level.  There were two private rooms, but the website info states that there are now three. (No idea where the third is located.) Presuming it’s still there, that kitchen could do a menu different from the restaurant menu that includes meat, fish, etc. There has never been any information about private party menus on the website. You have to contact the Special Events Dept. by filling out an on-line form.