Eleven Madison Park

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been a couple of times before and although perfectly ok I found it pretty ho hum; neither as exciting as a top tier restaurant (the Danny Meyer effect) nor as satisfying as a decent bistro. But a

I look forward to the next iteration, when he transforms it into the first NFT restaurant, with menus of Non-Food Tokens for 500 Ethereum. You sit at a table and look at pictures of food and wine bott

A visitor having business with the lord arrives at a great manor house in Western Europe.  He is greeted by the lady of the house. "And where is your husband?", the visitor asks, after pleasantri

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, Wilfrid said:

It’s the cows I feel sorry for.

Do we want to go there?   And is this the thread for it?   

I am probably more familiar with beef cattle husbandry than many here as we pass miles and miles of pastured angus and herefords en route to the country several times a month.    They are free to roam, graze on green grass and really have only one bad day in their lives. 

AS OPPOSED TO dairy cattle who are the whores of the animal kingdom, spending their lives pregnant or lactating year round, up to their knees and udders in mud and feces in their cramped corrals.   Unless they happen to be some of the elite 1% grazing on verdant hillsides in Sonoma.   

Sorry for the rant.  

1 hour ago, Sneakeater said:

You could eat beef in a special event room if you booked an event.  Sure the event could be just you and a date but you’d be paying a HUGE minimum for that dinner a deux. 

Okay. So why is the journalism wrong? 

I’m not going to violate the rules by noting a parallel to assertions that if you promised to nominate a Black woman to the Supreme Court, then any Black woman you nominate must necessarily be otherwise unqualified.  

I honestly don’t get it. Maybe it would be very expensive, but precisely you could eat meat there if you were rich. If they were only fulfilling existing contracts I would agree with you. But…

D80DC6F8-DC7F-493E-818E-97CE3CABF75D.png

9 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

Because he was implying that was something that people were actually doing.  It was NOT a way for rich people to avoid the EMP vegan menu.  It was inaccurate to suggest it was. 

It was something that people were actually doing. Iirc he knew about it by seeing insta posts of tenderloin from an event that seemed like some guys getting together. As recently as December you can find this (note American Psycho reference in comments) 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXXb8OZMIDn/

11 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

I’m not sure that there are many people, however rich, who would think it’s a good idea to pay tens of thousands of dollars so that they and a date could eat beef from EMP’s catering menu. 

Every Martin Shkreli wannabe would totally do that.

21 hours ago, Orik said:

It was something that people were actually doing. Iirc he knew about it by seeing insta posts of tenderloin from an event that seemed like some guys getting together. As recently as December you can find this (note American Psycho reference in comments) 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXXb8OZMIDn/

I read this as InstaPots of tenderloin and was really thrown...

• Haha 1