• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got a box of Trader Joe's Mango & Apricot Yogurt O's. They're round O's like the ones in Kashi's Heart to Heart, coated with yogurt, with chunks of freeze-dried apricot and mango pieces. I haven't put this to the does-it-make-the-milk-sickly-sweet test, but it's not bad eaten dry as a snack.

Couple of other TJ's cereals tried: the Organic Morning Lite is a little sweet but not too bad. The Fat-Free blueberry muesli is kind of bland aside from the fruit, so I've been adding even more raisins to compensate. Love the dried blueberries though.

Just got some delicious Flax Seed, organic pumpkin flavored granola (with pumpkin seeds in it!) from WHole Foods- it is actually less caloric than other granolas- but since it is so delicious, I end up eating too much anyway- kind of defeats the purpose! At least I am getting my dose of flax seed!

• 1 month later...

I found a new fave.

Kashi Strawberry Fields: organic rice, organic whole wheat, organic cane sugar syrup, dried organic strawberries and dried organic raspberries...only a little sweet, great strawberry flavor and aroma

Did you know that Kashi is owned by Kelloggs ? :blush:

(Okay, so I didn't review the whole CC thread, so if I'm cross posting, shoot me.)

Whee, I just rediscovered the sour-malty taste of GrapeNuts this morning for the first time in, um, maybe 30 years. I think that I loved cold cereal when I was a little, but as I have long ago evolved into a non-sweet person, I really don't like it much now. And I don't eat breakfast, so it's a sort of default snack, if it's in the house.

Remember Euell Gibbons' "ever eat a pine tree?" advert? He was my hero (circa 1970). I would have stalked the wild asparagus anywhere with him :blush:

Damn, those cereals are expensive.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest 22tango

Did you know that Kashi is owned by Kelloggs ? :P

NO!! :P

Well...I still love Kashi's Whole Grain Puffs. It's become my morning routine since joining weightwatchers. I don't miss those other sugary cereals at all.....much.... :P

Just finished a bowl of Cascadian Farms Hearty Morning, with a few Mutligrain Squares thrown in. Delicious cereals, and HM has 8 grams of fiber per serving :P. It's a household favorites, even for the 18 and 20 yr. olds. Their other preferred cereal is Special K Red Berries, which I find to be too sweet.

Just finished a bowl of Cascadian Farms Hearty Morning, with a few Mutligrain Squares thrown in. Delicious cereals, and HM has 8 grams of fiber per serving :P. It's a household favorites, even for the 18 and 20 yr. olds. Their other preferred cereal is Special K Red Berries, which I find to be too sweet.

Kashi (which is owned by Kellogg's who make Special K) has Strawberry Fields cold cereal. It's organic and has some whole grain and is probably less sweet than the Special K Berries and I love it (and I do not like sweet cereal, at least for breakfast). You should give it a try.

Frosted shredded wheat is my latest cold cereal :P. I can get it here at (shhh) Wal-Mart. I also like Cheerios and Grape Nuts.

Cold cereal is for summertime, hot cereal (oatmeal, please) is for winter.

Frosted shredded wheat is my latest cold cereal :P. I can get it here at (shhh) Wal-Mart. I also like Cheerios and Grape Nuts.

Cold cereal is for summertime, hot cereal (oatmeal, please) is for winter.

Ah, Frosted Shredded Mini-Wheats, my cereal of choice. Grape Nuts are good if you don't mind waiting for 2 hours so it's soft enough not to crack your teeth.

For the Kashi fans, if you find 'em give their new frozen entrees a try. I had their Black Bean one, and it was actually pretty good.

I keep a box of Kashi cereal bars in my desk drawer at work. I rarely have time or the appetite to eat breakfast at home before I leave for work anymore, so these are great when I get hungry at the office.

'tis true that Kellogg owns Kashi, but it looks like they don't meddle too much.

Do onigiri (rice balls) count as cold cereal?

If so, then they're my cold cereal of choice.

A bit of rice vineagar and bonito shavings folded in, roll in palms. With just about anything really. A poached egg. Some leftover salmon or prime rib or roasted mushrooms.

Nice breakfast.