Suzanne F

D'Artagnan Sale

Made a kind of Basque pot roast with it in the slow cooker.

Sounds good - I was thinking it might be good with dry heat as well, but never anything wrong with pot roast.

The die is cast. D'Artagnan have grouse on sale for a little over $20 a piece plus shipping. They must have been frozen, but even so.

They've started doing free home delivery to a few towns in the NYC suburbs, they are scheduled for my town this week. Seems irresponsible for me not to put in an order. Now, what to get?

Porcelet collar!

Their chickens are good; I personally like the poussin.

Don't overlook some of the charcuterie - jambon, ventrèche, etc.

I have a (small) order coming next week.

I like the small rohan duck breasts a lot, the small racks of austrailian lamb are nice and very easy to cook, the bacon is ok at best, and I agree with joe about the chicken and jambon.

Thanks! Didn't get order in time for last week but will get the Rohan duck and some chicken for this week. I think my kids might actually like the cassoulet so perhaps that too....

Ordered porcelet collar, poussin, green circle chicken, whole Pekin duck, Rohan breasts, Australian lamb sirloins, some sausages, some mushrooms....now I'm hungry. Most frozen stuff is 25% off right now too.

Consulting with my daughter I have determined that, like duck, her vegetarianism does not exclude pigeons or rabbits from her diet, so will be placing an order. She shrinks from the porcelet.