Suzanne F

D'Artagnan Sale

Good point I'll wait til Monday and triple dip. Also flannery is putting hangar steaks on sale this weekend I hear.... refill the freezer time. 

19 minutes ago, Tubbs said:

Good point I'll wait til Monday and triple dip. Also flannery is putting hangar steaks on sale this weekend I hear.... refill the freezer time. 

I did take advantage of the Amex offer so thanks for that and free Mothers Day delivery but limited my spend to just over $150. There will be an egg dish with maitake mushrooms for brunch Sunday. 

Ironically, the stuff in my freezer will probably be finished at exactly the same time as the breakdown in nationwide food supplies occurs.

6 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

Ironically, the stuff in my freezer will probably be finished at exactly the same time as the breakdown in nationwide food supplies occurs.

Then it'll really be time for Rancho Gordo!

36 minutes ago, joethefoodie said:

Then it'll really be time for Rancho Gordo!

May bean club just shipped!

Thanks for the heads up on the post-mothers day freezer sale. Restocked some ducks and a rack of lamb and some other random things we've liked. But damn is their pork expensive...had to pass on those. 

• Like 1

The amount of boxes, styrofoam cushioning, and ice packs used for an at-home delivery in refrigerated trucks is really not cool. 

1 minute ago, Tubbs said:

The amount of boxes, styrofoam cushioning, and ice packs used for an at-home delivery in refrigerated trucks is really not cool. 

But really, how else can this arrive in very good condition, other than the D'artagnan refrigerator truck delivering it to your door?

8 minutes ago, joethefoodie said:

But really, how else can this arrive in very good condition, other than the D'artagnan refrigerator truck delivering it to your door?

I think you misunderstood what I wrote, or I'm not getting your sarcasm. 

No, not trying to be sarcastic, and I misunderstood what you wrote.  I didn't realize you actually got your home delivery in a D'artagnan truck. My deliveries come via UPS, and I can't imagine how else the stuff could be shipped.

Cool. They are doing home delivery in a lot of towns in NJ. They basically packed everything as if it was going to be shipped. I had a full garbage bag of inserts and ice packs (which also leaked everywhere sitting in my garage). Plus 3 cardboard boxes exterior and another 1 or 2 interior. And it wasn't a big order at all. 

Oy - that's a bit of overkill for sure.

But I guess they pack as if even if you're not home, and it's 90℉ out, they're gonna leave it on your front porch.

most of the food delivery here just leaves at your front door and leaves, often without telling you they delivered. the notification that amazon sends can take a while to get to your phone, and they're definitely not wasting any packing.