My local bakery texts me when they deliver, and I've learned to run down immediately after the time I waited 20 minutes and a squirrel ate a baguette.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice sale.  For our graduation dinner from culinary school (prepared and served at the James Beard House), I made an hors d'oeuvre of one bite duck tacos.

I don't remember their HAVING those super-small Rohan breasts or that wild boar mini-roast.  It's like they're finally really thinking about us Pathetic Single People.

23 hours ago, joethefoodie said:

Oy - that's a bit of overkill for sure.

But I guess they pack as if even if you're not home, and it's 90℉ out, they're gonna leave it on your front porch.

You mean the Yamato transport guy doesn't hang out in his truck until he spots you and shouts "thefoodie san... cool delivery for you"?

While packing everything as if it's going on the road is an overkill, I imagine @Tubbs would not be thrilled to receive the food in wholesale style packaging either (here, sir, is your chicken water soaked cardboard box)

13 minutes ago, Orik said:

You mean the Yamato transport guy doesn't hang out in his truck until he spots you and shouts "thefoodie san... cool delivery for you"?

While packing everything as if it's going on the road is an overkill, I imagine @Tubbs would not be thrilled to receive the food in wholesale style packaging either (here, sir, is your chicken water soaked cardboard box)

I imagine freshdirect has fancier trucks (maybe a frozen section?) but they deliver everything just in bags with no insulation or anything. Frozen stuff always seems still frozen when it arrives. 

Yeah, it's just not worth the warehouse's trouble developing packaging for what is usually a small section of the market, or dealing with the complaints about things arriving defrosted. Maybe now they will as it will save them some money. 

• 5 weeks later...

After a few weeks of minimal sales they are back with a vengeance. I am literally looking at the truck delivering to my house right now and creating a new cart with the current enormous freezer sale . Does anyone have a preference for which sort of duck is best? So far I found the Rohan to be a bit skinny, tough to get a lot of meat off it, Pekin yielded much more, but small sample sizes.Rohan, Muscovy, and Pekin all available on sale now. The Angus beef petite filet also seem very interesting esp given my kids' preference for less fatty steaks.

• 3 months later...