The Yankees Thread

I'm a little nervous about Friday's forecast. I'm glad the Yankees have home-field advantage, but I kind of wish they were starting in LA this time.

I agree, it's going to be a mess. They could have played 2 games Tue. & Wed. or Wed. and maybe Thurs.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh what a comeback game that was yesterday! Great cheers for the Boomer; great bottom of the ninth (!), two out comeback; and then the exciting finish in the 12th. It's a thrill to tune in whenever

I love Jeter's leather this time of year.

I have heard Yankees fans, conscious of the team's pitching deficiencies, say that the Cardinals will go all the way this year.

As is common knowledge, I'm a Yankee fan, but this match-up worries me.

After going over this series five ways from Sunday, it comes to the same result - Angels in five.

It's the pitching match-ups that destroy the Yanks. Sabathia never pitches well against the Angels. Burnett's wildness will do him in in game two, he won't be able to perform the highwire act against the Halos as he did against the Twins weaker lineup. AJ needs better command and for some reason he hasn't had it this year.

I see Pettitte as a possible winner in Game 3, but Games 4 & 5 don't look good no matter who the Yankees pick to pitch Game 4.

Lastly, I hope I'm very, very wrong.

You have Sabathia and Burnett losing every start they get? That does seem unduly pessimistic.

Listening to Lackey this morning, he seemed to have a realistic approach. Try to keep the top of the order off the bases, so that the hits when they come don't score many runs. He knows he's up against something.

ETA: Burnett has pitched well against the Angels this year. Sabathia is life-time 5-7 against them, which is better than 0-12, he's going to get more help from the other Yankees than from his previous teams (especially the bull pen) and he's never been this fresh going into the post-season.

I'm a little nervous about Friday's forecast. I'm glad the Yankees have home-field advantage, but I kind of wish they were starting in LA this time.

I agree, it's going to be a mess. They could have played 2 games Tue. & Wed. or Wed. and maybe Thurs.

Now it looks like today's forecast isn't too bad, but tomorrow is really going to suck.

Whoa, it just started raining here in Jersey this instant while I was typing. Not hard thouugh.

Hey, one team played really badly. Awful.

Do we truly have this Fox commentary team for the rest of the series? Joe Bland doing his best to call the game for the Angels, Mr McCarver having inexplicable...moments, and the strangely poisonous Rosenthal slithering around the stands.

Hey, one team played really badly. Awful.

Do we truly have this Fox commentary team for the rest of the series? Joe Bland doing his best to call the game for the Angels, Mr McCarver having inexplicable...moments, and the strangely poisonous Rosenthal slithering around the stands.

Joe Bland: "Thirteen innings and the game ends on a mistake."

Rosenthal to A-Rod: "You now lead the series 2-0. How good is your position?"

Where is the button to mute the commentary but not the crowd?

I couldn't quite hear Girardi's explanation at the press conference. Mumble.

It would be helpful if Don Zimmer was sitting there telling him to calm down. Even more noticeable than the constant dipping into the bullpen is that he has now pretty much taken over mound visits from the pitching coach. How often was he out there today? Once, notably, just before we gave up a home run. He needs to come out of this hyper phase.

I couldn't quite hear Girardi's explanation at the press conference. Mumble.

It would be helpful if Don Zimmer was sitting there telling him to calm down. Even more noticeable than the constant dipping into the bullpen is that he has now pretty much taken over mound visits from the pitching coach. How often was he out there today? Once, notably, just before we gave up a home run. He needs to come out of this hyper phase.

We didnt see it as him taking over the Pitching Coach's job as much as micromanaging the catcher's job. I think he needs to feel part of the game and just cant stop tinkering. Hopefully, it wont cost them too much.

I don't see why Rivera was out there at all in a tie game on the road. I imagine his visit to Pettitte was to tell him to NOT throw a strike which Andy threw almost before Girardi reached the dug out. I think someone needs to slip Joe some xanax or just duct tape him to the bench.