The Yankees Thread

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh what a comeback game that was yesterday! Great cheers for the Boomer; great bottom of the ninth (!), two out comeback; and then the exciting finish in the 12th. It's a thrill to tune in whenever

I love Jeter's leather this time of year.

I have heard Yankees fans, conscious of the team's pitching deficiencies, say that the Cardinals will go all the way this year.

I have heard Yankees fans, conscious of the team's pitching deficiencies, say that the Cardinals will go all the way this year.

Cardinals have extraordinary middle relief, relief, situational and closing pitchers, but the starters can be shaky, take Jason Marquis performance last night. However, with their offense* it allows for less than perfect pitching.

*A lineup that rivals the Yankees:

Womack

Walker

Rolens: 314 BA, 34 HR, 124 RBI's

Pujols: 331 BA, 46 HR, 123 RBI's

Edmonds: 301 BA, 42 HR, 111 RBI's

Renteria

Sanders

Matheny

There's no let-up in the line-up.

As a diehard Cardinals fan, I am rooting for the Yankees to win their penant.  I cannot imagine a better World Series than Yankees/Cardinals.  Two great teams (only ones in the majors with over 100 wins this year), two great managers (each have won World Series), great offenses, great fielding, both have storied traditions in American baseball.  So much better than a Twins/Astros series.

My Dad and all the family back in St. Louis are very excited about this possibility. I think they're in for a let down. Not as bad as Boston fans, but the problems is that Bostonians are much better equipped to deal with failure.

Amazing how Sierra's matured, he's a class act now.

BoSox fans seem pretty quiet. It's gonna be fun to have Pedro in the Bronx again.

I can just envision it now; 53,000 New Yorkers chanting

WHO'S YOUR DADDY!!!

when he takes the mound.

It's gonna be fun to have Pedro in the Bronx again.

I can just envision it now; 53,000 New Yorkers chanting

WHO'S YOUR DADDY!!!

when he takes the mound.

They were practicing tonight. Incredible game, but I wasn't ready for the sudden nail biting.