The Yankees Thread

If I was at the Stadium and saw Stanton strike out 5 times I wouldn't be happy about it but I wouldn't boo either. Last year Judge went through a bad patch and figured things out. So will Stanton.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh what a comeback game that was yesterday! Great cheers for the Boomer; great bottom of the ninth (!), two out comeback; and then the exciting finish in the 12th. It's a thrill to tune in whenever

I love Jeter's leather this time of year.

I have heard Yankees fans, conscious of the team's pitching deficiencies, say that the Cardinals will go all the way this year.

If I was at the Stadium and saw Stanton strike out 5 times I wouldn't be happy about it but I wouldn't boo either. Last year Judge went through a bad patch and figured things out. So will Stanton.

I did learn something new over the past week. When Keith Hernandez is doing games and a player strikes out 4 times he refers to it as the "golden sombrero." Sportswriters are now calling Stanton's 5 S.O games as a "platinum sombrero."

All jokes aside, Stanton will be fine in the long run.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
13 hours ago, StephanieL said:

HBO is currently running a documentary about CC Sabathia.  I had no idea how bad his drinking problem was, to the point of him needing to be benched when he was supposed to start key games.

He was simply maintaining a tradition of some of the great Yankees.