The Yankees Thread

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh what a comeback game that was yesterday! Great cheers for the Boomer; great bottom of the ninth (!), two out comeback; and then the exciting finish in the 12th. It's a thrill to tune in whenever

I love Jeter's leather this time of year.

I have heard Yankees fans, conscious of the team's pitching deficiencies, say that the Cardinals will go all the way this year.

The Yankees looked firmly in control again last night . . . Pedro who?

Also, the Cardinals showed that sometimes it is offense that wins championships. Woody Williams was severely overmatched by the Killer B's, but he got the kind of run support that most pitchers can only dream about. Backe is a good young pitcher for the Astros, and I am not sure anyone in their rotation could've done better against that Cardinal batting order.

The Yankees looked firmly in control again last night . . . Pedro who?

I believe the question is 'Pedro, who's your Daddy?' :D :huh:

Sorry, I couldn't resist :D .

Martínez said. "You have to give them credit. They didn't beat my team. They beat me. They're that good right now. They're that hot. I just tip my hat and call the Yankees my daddy."

:o

I like the way the Red Sox are worrying about who will pitch game 5. Maybe they'll find the right "apparatus" to support Schilling's ankle. Derek Lowe says he's ready if called upon.

They should be happy to have a goldfish pitch game 5. What game 5?

Credit where it's due: Martinez showed some class in losing last night. Right now, the Cards look a lot scarier.

I heard some of his press conference last night and he impressed me. The man behind the visage is very bright, articulate and humble. He said it made him feel good to catch the attention of 60,000 fans in NY, and all of the media. He said 15 years ago he was sitting under a mango tree without 50 cents to his name. To be the center of such attention, he said was very flattering. Smart man. Good pitcher.

He's also positioning himself to finish his career with a lucrative contract from the Yankees, or at least a bidding war with the Red Sox.

At a game during Boston's last visit to the stadium, Pedro went out of his way to sign many autographs for fans while other buffoons in the stands were yelling obscenities at him.

He's also positioning himself to finish his career with a lucrative contract from the Yankees, or at least a bidding war with the Red Sox.

At a game during Boston's last visit to the stadium, Pedro went out of his way to sign many autographs for fans while other buffoons in the stands were yelling obscenities at him.

This is a pretty good analysis.

Pedro's no fool, and he saw how nicely Roger Clemens made out

cross posted:

My sources tell me that Ortiz, Manny Rivera and Pedro did some partying in the 'hood' *before* game one and some heavy partying after.

Hard to win games at this level if you dull your edge this way. My own take without being privy to the Sox is that they seem a pretty slack bunch. Beards, hair, ill fitting dirty and sloppy uniforms, dirty helmets, etc...

I think that at this level of play (ACLS), that the Steinbrenner/Torre Mickey Mouse discipline can give a team an edge. I don't think that a 60s/70s M*A*S*H* mentality cuts it.