Bonefish Grill-Westminster, CO

Anyone respect that I have forthright stated I have intimate knowledge of their operations? Ever consider that an employer may be checking this out themselves, thereby compromising continued, future employment?

If you're worried about your boss finding out, then it was a little silly for you to post in another thread that you are working at Bonefish and also tending bar for a sports team in a particular locale. Most corporations have written policies now about blogging and commenting on internal operations on message boards. I'm sure Bonefish wouldn't appreciate you letting people know about their focus on turning tables, for example. Have non-disclosure agreements not caught on in the corporate restaurant world yet?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes sense that a corporation would prefer to push a small selection of unchallenging wines by-the-glass from easily-recognizable, mass-market brand names that they purchase with volume discounts and mark up.

I know I am having a hell of a time trying to find Cakebread Chardonnays, either one because some large restaurant chain is hogging up the whole production for their wine lists. Could that be the Outback/Bonefish group? I saw it on the wine list on their web site.

I know I am having a hell of a time trying to find Cakebread Chardonnays, either one because some large restaurant chain is hogging up the whole production for their wine lists. Could that be the Outback/Bonefish group? I saw it on the wine list on their web site.

Joiei, you're in Oklahoma right? I know the OKC Museum of Art Cafe serves Cakebread (and they have good food too).

If you want bottles for home, you can order them from Cakebread Cellars' website. Oh, wait, you're in Oklahoma--that's probably illegal, huh? :(

Edited to add that if you ever get a chance to do a tasting at Cakebread in Cali, DO. We were really trashed but had a good time (and the staffers at the winery were so nice).

Edited by rlm

Well you all had quite a party, didn't you? But at this point I'd like everyone to stop and review the following:

"Mouthfuls prohibits flaming..."

That's the rule. It's quite simple. Stop being rude to each other. This includes a whole range of epithets on this thread from "snob" on page one to "sweetie" on page four.

The Admins will consider what has passed up to this point and whether anything should or can be done. Going forward, please assume that rude remarks will become invisible right after they are posted.

Carry on discussing restaurant, by all means.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Matt and company, the seafood palace inside the mega fishing store exceeded even our wildest expectations.

We arrived and were seated at a regal table next to a spectacular waterfall. Servers draped in silk hand-fed us grapes before one of their three master sommeliers brought us a decanter full of the finest Burgundy from Charles Shaw. We were brought an amuse bouche of teriyaki-swathed wild sea bass with a wasabi/Pabst Blue Ribbon foam. We barely had time to assimilate the shocking taste sensation before our next course arrived—Little Bucket O’ Caviar. Instead of the traditional accompaniments of buckwheat blini, minced onion, and crème fraiche, we were surprised at the juxtaposition of A-1 Steak Sauce-covered grits and fried okra. Imagine our surprise when next on the bill was an exotic blue tilapia marinated in Inglenook White Zin and plated alongside hearth-baked moon pies. Next up was the cheese course of Mini Babybel Gouda, Cheddar ‘N Bacon Easy Cheese on toast points, and thinly-sliced Kraft Deluxe Cheese Loaf. We finished with a unique dessert: Molten Chocolate Cake with Jack Daniels Frosting and Poppycock Crunch.

I am also occasionally full of shit.

Joiei, you're in Oklahoma right? I know the OKC Museum of Art Cafe serves Cakebread (and they have good food too).

If you want bottles for home, you can order them from Cakebread Cellars' website. Oh, wait, you're in Oklahoma--that's probably illegal, huh? :)

Edited to add that if you ever get a chance to do a tasting at Cakebread in Cali, DO. We were really trashed but had a good time (and the staffers at the winery were so nice).

I can not have it shipped in and none of the wine shops can sell it to individuals because I do live in OK.

The cafe at the museum is a nice place for lunch, I would recommend it to anyone finding them in that neighborhood at lunchtime. Parking can be tough though. So I continue to search.

edited to add that I still have not been to the new Bonefish Grill that just opened last week in Broken Arrow, maybe this weekend.

Well, Matt and company, the seafood palace inside the mega fishing store exceeded even our wildest expectations.

We arrived and were seated at a regal table next to a spectacular waterfall. Servers draped in silk hand-fed us grapes before one of their three master sommeliers brought us a decanter full of the finest Burgundy from Charles Shaw. We were brought an amuse bouche of teriyaki-swathed wild sea bass with a wasabi/Pabst Blue Ribbon foam. We barely had time to assimilate the shocking taste sensation before our next course arrived—Little Bucket O’ Caviar. Instead of the traditional accompaniments of buckwheat blini, minced onion, and crème fraiche, we were surprised at the juxtaposition of A-1 Steak Sauce-covered grits and fried okra. Imagine our surprise when next on the bill was an exotic blue tilapia marinated in Inglenook White Zin and plated alongside hearth-baked moon pies. Next up was the cheese course of Mini Babybel Gouda, Cheddar ‘N Bacon Easy Cheese on toast points, and thinly-sliced Kraft Deluxe Cheese Loaf. We finished with a unique dessert: Molten Chocolate Cake with Jack Daniels Frosting and Poppycock Crunch.

Ocean Journey? Casa Bonita? Did the divers land in your drink?

After reading your rave review we called The Bass Pro Shop, but they are fully booked through August. Robin, do you have an in with anyone to get us a table?

We need a Mouthfuls CasaBo trip. I'm not sure Mongo would ever be able to experience that Denver institution in any other way.

We need a Mouthfuls CasaBo trip. I'm not sure Mongo would ever be able to experience that Denver institution in any other way.

Imagine his write-up. But shucks, it's not a chain.

Casa Bonita is back as Casa Viva.

From the May 27th Tulsa World

The 26,000-square-foot Casa Viva seats 600 and is opening with a staff of about 150, he said. But it won't resemble Casa Bonita, which was closed last September by its owner, Salt Lake City-based Star Buffet.

"You're going to see a tremendous improvement in everything," said Waugh, who invested heavily in renovating the restaurant into the cheerful ambiance he originally created. "We've got it back aesthetically correct -- maybe even better."

For long-ago fans, Casa Viva will be a blast from the past.

Customers will find a familiar setup -- a menu board with that all-you-can eat dinner dished up in cafeteria-line style; several separate dining rooms decorated in different themes, including a waterfall in the Acapulco Room and the dark, bumpy-walled dining spot call The Cave; a theater and puppet room offering live weekend entertainment; a children's treasure chest room; and a large game area filled with rides and five scaled-down bowling lanes.

if your needing a fix, personally I never went. It was too scary in its last days.

bAck to Bonefish, I have a date to check out the Broken Arrow version this weekend.

After reading your rave review we called The Bass Pro Shop, but they are fully booked through August. Robin, do you have an in with anyone to get us a table?

Yes, just give them the VIP code word: "Mullet."

I had dinner tonight at the new local Bonefish Grill. It was okay, as I expected, nothing even bordering on special. THe only thing it has going for it in the locality where I live, it is one of the few seafood places where seafood does not necessarily mean catfish. The grilled grouper was mostly baked, just marked on a grill. The lemon sauce was way too sweet, I am glad that I asked for it on the side. THe awesome sides, a zuke medly with tomatoes and parmesan, also slightly sweet and an augratin potato that tasted like it was blended but never saw an oven. The corn chowder would of been better if it had been several degrees hotter.

I will go back because there are not many seafood choices in this area.

So that is my impression of BFG. The restaurant writer for the Kansas City paper must of eaten at a different chain, her impressions were way different than mine. It was like she could not say enough nice things about the place, has she ever been to the coast?

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think I've laughed so much after reading a topic on a foodie forum before!

About the Kansas City Article on Bonefish... Lauren Chapin is very confusing. I wouldn't let anyone I know trust her judgement with restaurants. The Bonefish in Kansas City can't be any better than the ones you guys have been to.. it may even be worst, but I don't know.

rlm, after seeing how much you participate in things like this I would imagine you would already have a pretty good understanding that you wouldn't be going into Bonefish enjoying "a quiet relaxing dining experience".

As far as the beans guy, Bonefish is not worth fighting for....