• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Youngest of five. Bathroom reading tended to be more Elle and Cosmo than Playboy -- (3 older sisters and 1 older brother). Spoiled rotten by older siblings and used to getting everything through charm and batting eyelashes.

Mrs JPW is elder of 2. Rebellious head strong type.

She tends to be stubborn/passionate about everything. I'm more compromising until it gets to be something that is really important to me, at that point it would take a thermonuclear device exploding in my general vicinity to get me to move.

I think the mix of a first-born and a "mistake" (next youngest sibling is 4 years older than me) tends to be a good combo.

It means something.At a recent gathering of OAers down here in Cornwall, i went round the group of 6 and got 5 right.I vaguely remember something i had read or seen on TV .

I would guess Tuckerman is first born or only child. :( Macro also first a first born.

Only child for 7+ years. Then SHE arrived. :( Never been the same.

I once read that the uterus is optimal for a first therefore making them generally smarter and healthier than subsequent babies.

Sounds good to me. :(

Firstborn, with a sister 11 years younger than me. I was not a happy child when I found out Mom was pregnant, believe me, and we didn't really start getting along until I moved out of the house. Now we bond over complaining about our parents. :(

Having to change diapers, babysit, etc. is what made me realize that I never wanted kids. Well, that and the fact that I relate to adults better than children.

Firstborn, with a sister 11 years younger than me. I was not a happy child when I found out Mom was pregnant, believe me, and we didn't really start getting along until I moved out of the house. Now we bond over complaining about our parents. :(

Having to change diapers, babysit, etc. is what made me realize that I never wanted kids. Well, that and the fact that I relate to adults better than children.

That's funny because changing diapers, babysitting etc. was what I always wanted to do from the get go and I related better to children than adults. Of course at the time, AFAIWC she could have suffocated in the crib and I wouldn't have shed a tear. :(

Yes, but relatively to a lifespan....the babysitting is short. Besides, I think Stephanie meant she didn't like doing the babysitting. You can pay other people do do that...depending on age, etc.

I am off to meet my new niece! Second in birth order, but the only girl. Prepare to be spoiled rotten!!!!!