• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
Materazzi breaks Zidane silence

Is that it? Materazzi gets a 2 match ban and fined £3260 while Zidane is let off with 3 matches (that he will never serve anyway) Zidane goes further down in my estimation after that, I hate to think what would happen if he went back to school.

the exact words

Italy defender Marco Materazzi finally disclosed what he said to Zinedine Zidane in the World Cup final that provoked the French star to retaliate with a head-butt.

Click here

"I prefer the whore that is your sister," Materazzi said during an interview in next week's edition of Italian magazine TV Sorrisi E Canzoni, according to Italian news reports Saturday. He previously acknowledged he had insulted Zidane's sister

Yes, there were rumors to that effect. Still surprising -- you'd think Zidane would have had that sort of reaction trained out of him by then.

Hey, speaking of les bleus -- Ribery has been kicking some serious ass on behalf of FC Bayern lately. It is really worth catching a game if you can, there is some beautiful football being played. We get to see them play Schalke live on the 15th! :cool: