• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be entertaining to bring on a contestant with a serious anger management problem.  We could watch him lose his mind in the face of a Ramsay outburst and then pummel Ramsay into submission with a saute pan.

I think someone without anger management problem could be moved to violence by Ramsay on the show. The contestants are very passive and look traumatized.

Cmon, he's presented as this street smart guy or whatever, x-footballer. Is it news to anyone that if he acted the same way on the streets or on the field he'd be in a physical fight every 2 minutes.

• 1 month later...

For some strange reason I tuned in to this (HK) last night, and it appeared to be the season closer - or was it just a re-run? Michael (LA) won over Ralph (NY). Despite the fact that we watched to whole thing (it was like watching someone pick at a boil - awful but we couldn't look away) I'm very glad I didn't watch all of the previous episodes...

Fly

"Fox will return with a second season of Hell's Kitchen (Granada America/A.Smith & Co.) and Chef Gordon Ramsay. The summer reality series surprised many with its regular time period win on Mondays nights in the coveted A18-49 demo, an accomplishment attributed largely to Ramsay himself. While Ramsay began the series as a Simon Cowell sound alike, unlike Simon he also showed a humorous and even "nice" side, setting him apart from many of the other apprentice style programs. Naturally, Fox is saying there will be new twists in the next season, tho declined to elaborate."

• 10 months later...

I know it's stupid but I really like this show. This year there seem to be fewer prefab situations. Real life in the kitchen is hard enough. Ramsey is still over the top and performs for the camera but it just doesn't seem as silly this season.

I still miss Dewberry.

My favorite are the people who come to the pass. RingRing, it's your 15 seconds of fame calling!! :)

I think GR may have messed up the game though when he showed them that he was not just human, but very considerate, in caring for Heather when she grabbed the hot pot.

The Brits can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe his staff are pretty loyal. The chefs that run his several restaurants have all come through his kitchens; he was best man at Marcus Wareing's wedding. If he were the bastard he pretends that wouldn't be the case.

I accidentally surfed into this last night, to find Ramsey pretending to be Donald Trump (or whatever, I watch none of this stuff), and the artificiality in his poise and voice made my entire body cringe...

...with the exception of the top joint of my right index finger, which thankfully changed the channel.

In the cat-out-of-the-bag department:

I auditioned for HK in Chicago last fall and had that interview plus two others. They really seemed to like me; then, inexplicably, they dropped me from the roster.

After watching last night I'm tempted to think I had more experience than the producers wanted in a contestant. You had better believe that I'd have served SOMEBODY an entree before three hours had passed. Even if I was in the kitchen all by myself.

The Brits can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe his staff are pretty loyal. The chefs that run his several restaurants have all come through his kitchens; he was best man at Marcus Wareing's wedding. If he were the bastard he pretends that wouldn't be the case.

I've known two people who've worked for him and they've not a bad word that was not in jest.

• 1 year later...

Anyone watch this show.. Watched half of an episode yesterday.. Wow, perhaps if I respected the food I had at the London, the show would make more sense.. It all just seems a little tired and repetitive.. Another season, another beef wellington.. And what the hell are they doing serving chicken breast in a nice restaurant.. And who is choosing a breast of chicken over a beef wellington?

Blah blah blah, Gordon curses and yells.. A girl cries, a guy gets angry, he throws a plate, insults a guest, and he shuts down the kitchen.. The end..