[Austin] Wine Dinner in August

One of our wine vendors (Rob M.) who attended an Austin eG event at my house a few years ago, has offered to host a wine dinner early August. It will be along the lines of the spectacular dinner we held a while back - everyone contributes $20 and we buy high end wines and match food to them.

The cool thing is that Rob has a large house and a large wine cellar. He has offered to donate a magnum of something VERY nice for the occasion. He told me that he's been waiting to share - but needed the right group of people to appreciate what he will be pouring! He'll suggest a variety of wines and appropriate food pairings and we'll do what we did the last time: each of us choose a course and, using the suggested ingredients, come up with something to complement the wine. Rob has offered to counsel us on what wines to buy, and to talk about all of them. He may also invite a couple of additional wine geeks for our entertainment!

So....how about a date? Sunday, August 6, late afternoon?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds absolutely lovely, Jane...a splendid idea.

Unfortunately, I won't be back in the Austin area until late August, so cannot attend, but did want to tell you what a great idea I think it is.

So thanks.

:)

The problem with late August is that Farid will be here and we felt like we need to space the events .

How about July 30?

The problem with late August is that Farid will be here and we felt like we need to space the events .

How about July 30?

Yes, yes. I wasn't meaning to hint around about changing the date. Just wanted to compliment you on your great idea. That's all....

Jaymes, exactly when do you anticipate arriving here in Heaven - oops, I forgot that's August in Austin we're talking about! Maybe we could agree on a date in later August that would work for all of us, even taking into account Farid's taking up the weekend of the 27th

Actually, not sure, but pretty late August, in time for Farid's Festivities. I think it's better for y'all to go ahead and have your wine thing in late July/early Aug as planned, and then maybe have another one much later in the year, say Nov or Dec or something....

That could be a kind of holiday party, focusing on rich red wines and winter dishes.

If I'm back from Colorado by whatever date you eventually land on, I'd like to come....

Well look who's here!!!