Panty Hose

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love wolford. They're on sale in some department stores here in the UK so maybe if you're lucky they'll be on sale in NYC (that after christmas get rid of stock thing). I just bought a pair of zigzaggy ones from them, they were stayups instead of tights which I've never worn before and I was worried about whether they would stay up. They do! But on the downside they are minorly less comfortable than tights in my opinion.

I was in Wolford the other day. Some things are on sale, but not anything I wanted...

I like Fogal so much more.

And I'm with Daisy on the fishnets. I find them very comfortable and I don't wear sheer hose under them. Rebecca - may try a finer gauge, if that makes sense.

Aren't those Wolford 'velevet opaques' just the best?

Daisy, I just bought my first pair! I was worried, I thought they'd be thick, like really made of velvet. But it was on sale and I was freezing, so I bought them. I love them. I love the way they feel, so soft. I'm going to have to go buy more.

I hate department stores. They produce a sense of disorientation and claustrophobia in me. This does not stop me from spending large sums of money on clothes and shoes, though. I am a fan of boutiques, but this is my favorite store.

I hate department stores. They produce a sense of disorientation and claustrophobia in me. This does not stop me from spending large sums of money on clothes and shoes, though. I am a fan of boutiques, but this is my favorite store.

I felt that disorientation last night -- I entered the building at the subway entrance and it took me some time to figure out how to get upstairs. They do this on purpose so you have to walk around the store to and possibly be tempted by other merchandise. Finally I found the escalator but even after consulting the information board, had no idea where hosiery might be. Fortunately the Information Lady was in plain sight so I asked and I'm glad that I did because the Hosiery Department is tucked away in the corner of a sub-floor. Maddening.

Unfortunately though, my shopping dislike extends to more than department stores. I do like smaller stores more but I can really only stand about an hour of it max before I get bored and annoyed. Lately I've just been buying one or two big ticket items a season and that's it.

While I'm at it, can I vent another annoyance? I bought a pair of one size fits all tights from Urban Outfitters and they didn't fit! Now I'm not saying that I'm Skinny Minnie but surely my keister can fit into a pair of one size fits all tights. The nerve. :lol:

I felt that disorientation last night -- I entered the building at the subway entrance and it took me some time to figure out how to get upstairs. They do this on purpose so you have to walk around the store to and possibly be tempted by other merchandise. Finally I found the escalator but even after consulting the information board, had no idea where hosiery might be. Fortunately the Information Lady was in plain sight so I asked and I'm glad that I did because the Hosiery Department is tucked away in the corner of a sub-floor. Maddening.

Unfortunately though, my shopping dislike extends to more than department stores. I do like smaller stores more but I can really only stand about an hour of it max before I get bored and annoyed. Lately I've just been buying one or two big ticket items a season and that's it.

Bloomie's always confounds me. The layout doesn't seem to make any sense.