• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I may not be Wingding, but I did pretty well this afternoon. For reasons having to do with a confusion between 1 1/2 cups and 1 1/2 pints I found myself with a pint of Butterworks Farm cream to use u

Lippy, have you tried any of Butterworks' yogurts? They're wonderful. And, not that it matters, Jack and Ann Lazor – the owners/farmers – are two of the nicest, hardest working, saltiest-of-the-earth

I see it's still being made and sells for about $50.   Donvier ice cream maker   I'm sure there are better ice cream makers on the market, though.

Posted Images

476329228_Minticecreampeachsherbet08-28.jpeg.7d813abacbc990330aa4127efd46d6c5.jpeg

I bought these really nice containers for ice cream; I should start using them so my scoops don't look as if they've been partially eaten.

In any event, garden mint ice cream (using fresh mint and a few drops of peppermint oil) and peach + Earl Grey tea sherbet.

The mint is insanely minty; the sherbet delicious, but barely able to taste the Earl Grey, as I used 4 bags to infuse - my guess is it's much more distinguishable using loose-leaf tea.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Evelyn said:

@joethefoodieBy any chance have you found a peach ice cream recipe using the corn syrup method? 

The two books I'm using (Dana Cree's and Jeni Bauer's) both use peach only in sorbet or sherbet. But I'll say the sherbet in Dana's is damn good.

Is this allowed?

IMG_2350.thumb.jpeg.64df18685c91327269884283dccd4816.jpeg

Thanks! I'll stash that away. I thawed the peaches I had in the freezer. And found out they were actually formerly a cobbler, rather than just macerated peaches. So the sherbet will have to wait.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Evelyn said:

Thanks! I'll stash that away. I thawed the peaches I had in the freezer. And found out they were actually formerly a cobbler, rather than just macerated peaches. So the sherbet will have to wait.

I was surprised how good it is.  I didn't have buttermilk, subbed kefir and it was fine. Actually I often sub kefir when a recipe calls for buttermilk, since I tend to always have the former on hand. I do always have buttermilk powder, though mostly for baking.