Breakfast/Brunch in Seattle

Say, I'm going to be in Seattle next week, and I'm looking for a recommendation for a brunch spot. Someplace where we can sit outside would be great; someplace where a two-year-old is welcome is a must. Any great ideas?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I looked for a thread on brunch in Seattle, but could not find one.   What are your top spots for Brunch or Breakfast in Seattle?   Any thoughts on the Salty's Seafood brunch? Has anyone been?

Someone at a table near us ordered that and it looked great. That's what I'll have.....

...and it's for freakin' Wild Ginger!! Asian food for white people! There's a sucker born every day, I guess...

I'm on a run of great new (to me at least) brunch places: Corson Building, Spring Hill and the latest...Tilikum Place Cafe. Baked eggs with spinach, omlette with goat chees and mushrooms, chocolate chip pancakes for the munchkin, all excellent. And someone in the kitchen sure looked familiar!... :D

who's there??

we will add it to our list of places to hit for girl's brunch sundays :)

fentona I would suggest Serafina as they have the outside patio and are very family friendly. Other outside places....Volterra, 35th St Bistro (haven't been recently), Lola?

headed to Peso's for breakfast before the M's game yesterday but the line was snaking out the door and down the block!

Decided to try Tilikum Place Cafe, walked in and they were about half full. Great space inside, very cute and comfortable.

We had an awesome breakfast! My friend and I had the baked beans on toast with cheddar cheese and fried egg. The beans were amazing!! big hunks of melting pork throughout. Dayne had the fry up which was the beans and egg with sausage and bacon- he loved it! Our other friend had the smoked salmon and goat cheese omelet, it looked perfectly cooked and she devoured it.

Service was a little harried and they were out of a few things on the menu but it didn't take away from anything. Oh and the 4 very good sized breakfasts, 2 teas and one specialty cocktail came to $63! very good prices! I want to go back for lunch and dinner!

I didn't realize that Tilikum Place had British-style fry ups. Sounds delicious! The dinner menu looks interesting too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

A few of us went to brunch at Artisanal Brasserie on Sunday. I don't think anyone took pics so no visuals this time.

I started with a, very good but not great, Bloody Mary and we put in an order for gougères and a tarte flambée. The gougères had great flavor but the texture was quite spongy and soft. The tarte, which I'd never had before, was tasty but kind of 'wet' if that makes sense.

Next up we had the fondue. They offer your choice of cheeses for the fondue and we selected the Artisanal Blend but, unfortunately, I don't remember what's in it. Oops. It comes with bread and you can choose items like fingerling potatoes, apples, etc for an up charge. We ordered kielbasa. The pot is fantastic - enameled cast iron on a brass bottom. The fondue was tasty - the kielbasa was standard. One nitpick - there was quite a bit of kielbasa left when we were done and my frugal self was thinking that it was the perfect amount for an omelette or something. Next time I noticed, it had been taken away without an offer to box up.

I ordered the eggs benedict. The eggs were poached perfectly and the hollandaise was silky but a bit lemon-y for my taste. The bread was a toasted slice of a county french loaf, cut with a ring mold to the perfect size. I loved that. It came with a lightly dressed mache salad on the side.

We were able to meet the chef so we asked what prompted him to open in Bellevue. He said the developer of the Bravern had been courting him for years and finally made him an offer he couldn't refuse. The developer must have because the Bravern has got to be one of the most soulless places on earth.

I ordered the eggs benedict. The eggs were poached perfectly and the hollandaise was silky but a bit lemon-y for my taste. The bread was a toasted slice of a county french loaf, cut with a ring mold to the perfect size. I loved that. It came with a lightly dressed mache salad on the side.

To update and quote my own post :lol:

I took one of the eggs home because I was too full to eat it. Paul just ate it for lunch and proclaimed it the best eggs bene he's ever had - even after two days!

The developer must have because the Bravern has got to be one of the most soulless places on earth.

I'm pretty sure that nothing resembling 'soul' is actually allowed in Bellevue. It's in the city regs, I've looked.

The developer must have because the Bravern has got to be one of the most soulless places on earth.

I'm pretty sure that nothing resembling 'soul' is actually allowed in Bellevue. It's in the city regs, I've looked.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

mmm, I had the eggs frites at Artisenal. fried eggs over french fries with parm and prosciutto slivers.

the fondue we had was really traditional: gruyere, ementhaler, kirsh

I liked it. I did feel like I was in Las Vegas- the space is huge reminding me of mon amie gabi!! The cheese display was great and I'd love to go sit at the bar (shocking I know!)

I agree with Lauren's assessment of the Bloody Mary, gougères and tarte. I thought the fondue was ok, but light on kirsch (compared to the way the Swiss make them) :P .

I loved my entree which was the Pork Belly Hash with poached eggs and sweet potatoes. The left overs the next day were delicious, too.

It's worth it to note that the closest elevator to the restaurant in the parking garage is the "amethyst" elevator. They have a lot of elevators in various places and it's easy to get a bit lost at first finding the restaurant in the maze that is the Bravern.