Breakfast/Brunch in Seattle

Agree with comments on the Bravern (very funny, Tighe!) and the restaurant space. I enjoyed the fondue, tart flambe, bites of all the egg dishes and the frites with aioli. Not as wild about my lamb burger--it wasn't very juicy and kind of an odd texture--a bit meat-loafy. But I would go back to try more cheesey things like the macaroni gratin, french onion soup, a couple of the other fondues (stilton and sauternes sounded interesting) and the cheese plate. The Sunday suppers sound interesting, as well as the cassoulet. I'm not sure I'll be making a special trip just to go there, but it is nice to have a decent, mid-range option when I need to be in Bellevue for some reason.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I looked for a thread on brunch in Seattle, but could not find one.   What are your top spots for Brunch or Breakfast in Seattle?   Any thoughts on the Salty's Seafood brunch? Has anyone been?

Someone at a table near us ordered that and it looked great. That's what I'll have.....

...and it's for freakin' Wild Ginger!! Asian food for white people! There's a sucker born every day, I guess...

I ditto all of the above. The pork belly hash was fabulous and the bites of other's dishes especially the bene were fine, but the shared foods were all not quite good enough. Particularly the gougeres were weirdly mushy. The company, however was splendid. I'd like to find a way to go to Artisinal w/o going to Bellevue. Ah, NYC.

• 2 months later...
WOW the Brunch Girls actually went to BELLEVUE!?!

it was very scary! :lol:

took some out of town guests to Bastille on a Sunday for brunch- I had the duck confit hash which was awesome. Dayne had the croque which he loved. the others all had the american breakfast which they liked, the sausage was an especially big hit

• 3 months later...

haven't been to any of these but Unicorn bar is serving brunch with items like Rooster fried steak (Siracha) and Breakfast Poutine. MistralKitchen is offering things like brioche french toast and steak & eggs. Del Rey is in the game with Angry Maria cocktails and mexican offerings, huevos rancheros, eggs in bacon cups.

haven't been to any of these but Unicorn bar is serving brunch with items like Rooster fried steak (Siracha) and Breakfast Poutine. MistralKitchen is offering things like brioche french toast and steak & eggs. Del Rey is in the game with Angry Maria cocktails and mexican offerings, huevos rancheros, eggs in bacon cups.

Bjorn and I went to Mistral Kitchen for brunch last weekend and it was lovely. We started with the scones, which dared to use enough butter to be good. The bacon wasn't the ultra-thick bacon so many places serve these days, but simply thin, crisp bacon that reminded me of what breakfast buffet bacon at hotels wants to be (if only because I'd recently dined at a very sad example of one of these buffets). My toad-in-a-hole was excellent and Bjorn was surprised at the size of the breakfast pizza, but also very pleased.

Oh, and the drinks were great. I love the Naughty Sundress.

• 1 year later...

If you're willing to travel to the Eastside, I got a great Living Social offer today for a dim sum brunch for 2 at Wild Ginger/Bellevue for only $104.... :blink: <_<

Really, I'm not making this up....it literally made me froth at the mouth.

If you're willing to travel to the Eastside, I got a great Living Social offer today for a dim sum brunch for 2 at Wild Ginger/Bellevue for only $104.... :blink: <_<

that's because it includes a complimentary cocktail - totally worth it :P

Do they serve said cocktail in a bucket?

Don't know if this is a long shot, but I'm thinking about having brunch in the U-District this Saturday. Any place (aside from Nook and Portage Bay) that anyone recommends?

Thanks!

C

I agree, totally skip Portage Bay. Is Tangletown too far away? If not, go to The Burgundian. They have great biscuits and gravy.

Do they serve said cocktail in a bucket?

Don't forget it also includes one pot of loose leaf tea.

That is crazy. $52 per person for dim sum and a cocktail. And it's supposed to be a deal! It seems so arrogant to think anyone would actually buy one.