Yes I know how to size the window - but what about when I want to move from left to right?

I haven't heard of this problem before, but if quitting & starting Safari doesn't work (or the dreaded re-booting), then call Apple.

I've added the emphasis:

Mac OS X comes with... 90 days of free telephone support. Mac Help is built into Mac OS X to provide comprehensive help and tips right on your desktop.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After two Win2k reinstalls in as many days (the result of a winnt/config/system corruption), I'm going to throw in the wintel towel.   Christ on horseback! Even the servicepak 2 download and instal

Which email program?

i suggested thunderbird only as a transfer vehicle. it can import outlook mail in windows and since a mac version exists of it the files can be transferred easily.   as for your mysterious troubles

Yes I know how to size the window - but what about when I want to move from left to right?

new york has open primaries?

oh, the humanity!

That's funny. You never fail to amuse me, mongo.

Bitch moan no right click. But the guru in the mac store the other day said that that is a myth, and there is indeed a right click. But I'll be damned if I can figure it out. Help.

have you tried control click (ctrl key)?

Edit: You can use a two or more button mouse with your mac if you want.

Edited by fml

Bitch moan no right click. But the guru in the mac store the other day said that that is a myth, and there is indeed a right click. But I'll be damned if I can figure it out. Help.

have you tried control click (ctrl key)?

Edit: You can use a two or more button mouse with your mac if you want.

Yes, ctrl + click functions as right-click.

If you have a MacBook, as Omni does, you can also configure it so keeping two fingers on the trackpad when you click functions as a right-click. You can also enable two-finger scrolling, which I highly recommend. Use the Keyboard & Mouse panel in System Preferences. If you have earlier laptops that don't seem to offer these features, you can get much the same functionality with iScroll2.

Thanks for those tips, Kiku. Very useful. I got the 2 finger scrolling happening just fine.

Now my real fear kicks in: tomorrow I am dropping off the PC and the new MacBook at the Apple store, where they will transfer all my data overnight.

I have written the following list, please tell me if I'm missing anything:

To be copied onto Mac:

All photos and images (jpg, bmp, gift, psd, etc.)

All documents (doc, wpd, txt, rtf, pdf, etc)

All excel files

All emails from Outlook, outlook express (pst, wab, etc), including address book

Palm data (I downloaded the Palm OS onto the MacBook)

All music files

All IE favorites/bookmarks

One thing I don't like about the MacBook, if in fact it's true: I can only delete going backwards, there's no deleting in the forward direction button....?

I can't remember what the MacBook keyboard looks like...isn't there a 2nd delete button with a little boxed x on it? That's the forward delete.

If not, I think the control or command button plus the delete button will do it.

One thing I don't like about the MacBook, if in fact it's true: I can only delete going backwards, there's no deleting in the forward direction button....?

I can't remember what the MacBook keyboard looks like...isn't there a 2nd delete button with a little boxed x on it? That's the forward delete.

If not, I think the control or command button plus the delete button will do it.

Google is your friend.