Two people in my office just got in to work saying that the trains they were on stopped! Luckily both were in stations, and neither was terrifically far from the office, so they walked. I hope that doesn't mean that others are stuck underground on a day such as this. And that this heat wave won't upend commutes in general.

The 1, 2 and 3 had problems this morning. Thank goodness the heatwave should be over today. One does have the feeling things would start to fall apart if it dragged on longer.

A heatwave in the summer seems to be the only type of event that surprises the MTA more than rain in the spring.

oh. i just stagger out of bed, let the dog out, get a cup of tea, stagger down to my "office", turn the computer on and stare at it for hours. it is a bit of a bitch to step over all the boxes i haven't yet cleared away. plus i haven't yet got around to getting a phone for my office and so i have to get up once or twice a day to answer it upstairs when someone calls.

My apartment building management company stuck flyers under the door informing tenants that from 1 until 6 PM on days Con Ed is 'tired' :blush: some lights and the building a/c will be turned off, half the elevators will be shut down, and so will the laundry rooms. All this couched in language no doubt meant to make one think the managers are public-spirited environmentalists. I of course, cynic that I am, think the fact that utilities are included in the fairly exorbitant rents may have something to do with this.

..... so i have to get up once or twice a day to answer it upstairs when someone calls.

That'll teach you to get a house with stairs.

i was going to get a water slide put in for coming downstairs. but mrs. jones won't allow me to install the pulleys for the chair-lift to get me back up.