BBQ NYC 2006

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had the pleasure of eating some of Bobby's 'cue last night at Meatopia...man was it good. Cannot wait for more on Saturday.

I was wondering if other MF folks were there. That food last night was really special. I thought Zak's sauce with the fatty brisket swept the fat away perfectly and Rob's food was just right on and in 'mid-season' form.

I don't know if you tried any of Scott's Cornell chicken, but the skin was as crisp as a potato chip. I'd never been Water Taxi Beach before, but it was a great spot to be slicing up chicken and drinking a beer. Cutlets knows how to throw a party.

I still smell like cherry smoke.

Zak's brisket/sauce blew me away. I tried Bobby/Rob's (seems different folks call him different things) chicken which was excellent - but that's the only chicken I tried. What time did the other chicken come out?

Great party. Gotta love that Cutlets.

Those water bottles that look like flasks - Fred water - what the hell is up with that?

Zak's brisket blew me away. I tried Bobby/Rob's (seems different folks call him different things) chicken which was excellent - but that's the only chicken I tried. What time did the other chicken come out?

Those water bottles that look like flasks - Fred water - what the hell is up with that?

I'm not sure when or if the other chicken was actually served, I was back by the grill heating up some sauce and Scott just handed me some-- it was served with a white sauce, kind of like the Big Bob Gibson Alabama white, which had a nice cider vinegar kick.

I thought Zak's brisket was better than the Porky Pork, but I did like that chimichurri w/ the pork. I just thought the pork was a bit greasy-- but it was injected with lard, so not sure why I was surprised. And it didn't stop me from hoovering about three boats of it.

I have no idea what the deal w/ the Fred water was. I thought they were giving out flasks of vodka at first.

Zak's brisket blew me away. I tried Bobby/Rob's (seems different folks call him different things) chicken which was excellent - but that's the only chicken I tried. What time did the other chicken come out?

I'm not sure when or if the other chicken was actually served, I was back by the grill heating up some sauce and Scott just handed me some-- it was served with a white sauce, kind of like the Big Bob Gibson Alabama white, which had a nice cider vinegar kick.

I thought Zak's brisket was better than the Porky Pork, but I did like that chimichurri w/ the pork. I just thought the pork was a bit greasy-- but it was injected with lard, so not sure why I was surprised. And it didn't stop me from hoovering about three boats of it.

I have no idea what the deal w/ the Fred water was. I thought they were giving out flasks of vodka at first.

And how about that bacon? Whoa.

I loved the fattiness of the Porky Pork - and that chimichurri was fabulous.

Cannot wait for more meat meat meat on Saturday.

I'll try to be to the point:

A. I didn't get the "big info pack email" promised to go out late Tuesday. Did I accidently throw it out with the spamwater or ???

B. I have an extra "ticket" so if you know anyone who would like to go have them e-mail me at wrayb@duhhead.info to coordinate.

Thanks

wray

Thank you Travis and Bobby and Ellen and everybody who made this possible. Great event. Thank you thank you. Already looking forward to next year.

And to eating some of the meat I took home...if I'm ever hungry again, that is.

Great to see so many old timers and new timers...a great time.