Vanessa

Supper

bacon egg and cheese.. Arugula with lemon and salt, sriracha, land o lakes cheese... The cheese sort of melted off the egg a bit as it took me and extra minute or two to track down the spatula.. Still can find it and had to use a pastry tool... English muffin

Lots of pepper and a little srircha after the pic

49739329672_a55bc0d17f_z.jpg

Pizza with odds and end from the fridge. Odds and ends being Serrano ham, buffalo mozzarella, oil cured black olives, jar of artichokes. Jim Lahey dough recipe but with 1/3 whole wheat.

• Like 1

I had this lamb chop that was marinating in the fennel pesto for the last three days.. i cut it up

49738697453_6c50134de6_z.jpg

Put them on skewers, covered in spice mixture of cumin, sichuan, salt. 

49739245821_897c875b1c_z.jpg

49739245146_54ef2a5c87_z.jpg

49739569697_5b3feed3eb_z.jpg

Served with a hudson valley, valley beer. 

49739569442_0137bbf807_z.jpg

• Like 1

Doing takeout because why not.  El Pollo Loco has been running on and off a special family meal: $20 gets you 12 pieces of chicken (legs and thighs), 3 large sides, and tortillas & salsa.

Grilled ribeye, slow roasted sweet potatoes with labneh al la Zahav, heirloom tomato, avocado and basil salad. A surprisingly good Käfer 2015 chianti.

Continued pantry plates -> artichoke and sausage quiche =

49747454348_c2b491e78b_c.jpg

Included Bruce Aideiles' artichoke sausage.  It's said, too much of a good thing is wonderful.

With a splat of zucchini Chuck deemed long in the tooth.     Needs must.   It was green-ish.

• Like 1

As every day bleeds into the next and there are no real defined meals, I am going to add this meal from yesterday as dinner.. It started late in the afternoon and well it was delicious.. I deboned a game hen.. Well, left the wings and the little nub at the end of the drum stick but, for the most part, deboned the bird.. I think marinated it in white wine, lemon, garlic and this piri piri ground pepper I purchased.. 

Through it on some vintage cast iron comal. 

Served with a fennel carrot salad.. the salad had my fennel simple syrup mixed with olive oil, lemon and a hit of dijon

A delicious meal... Well, I had half.. the addition of this pepper made all the difference.. i loved the spice, the simplicity of a perfectly cooked and marinated bird.. i am looking forward to eating this again.. i have two more birds in my freezer to last me another week... 

Grilled some small bratwursts for the mini's. grilled some bread because it was getting old. Grilled some haloumi because I'm tired of eating meat all the time. Grilled eggplant and made into a salad because it needed to be used up. Good chocolate for dessert. 

During the week we received some beautiful fresh caught seafood from Local 130 Seafood. I placed an online order on Tuesday night, and Wednesday before noon a Local 130 Seafood delivery truck was in front of my home. Very impressive. I highly recommend them for those living in NJ. They used to deliver to all of the high end restaurants in NJ, but with the lockdown have pivoted to delivering to regular customers. We ordered whole red snapper, black bass fillets, and wild caught Big Eye tuna. One night Mrs. P made some outstanding crispy sautéed black sea bass with capers, vermouth, butter, and various fresh herbs. The other night she made delicious roasted whole red snapper with garlic, fresh herbs, minced peppers and capers, and vermouth among other ingredients.

8JmzHkHh.jpg

05vTrj4h.jpg

gVabZsTh.jpg

znGxSVNh.jpg

1MRhzlvh.jpg

rBKTEJCh.jpg

mkqRhksh.jpg

VM8hixYh.jpg

pHicvxxh.jpg

IBxocTQh.jpg

• Like 1

BBQ ribs (steamed with dry rub in oven, finished on grill.) slow roasted sweet potatoes, also finished in grill. Last of the pide made into croutons, for a panzanella-ish salad.

Bo La Lot, well, ersatz bo la lot.    Thai spiced beef wrapped in betel leaf, well, actually in lettuce leaf since I was just fresh out of betel leaf.   Grilled.   Garnished, well, enshrouded in cilantro, mint, scallions.   (There are two logs under there.)

Noodles, nuoc cham.    Quite alright if you knew no better.

49762415388_b097a52bb4_c.jpg

A big pot of vegetarian chili made with RG Good Mother Stallards, served over baked sweet potatoes because I can't have cornbread during Passover.  Will have the leftovers with quinoa.

People are spending a fortune for ancestry search programs.    Tonight's papusa informs me that I have no Salvadorian blood, regardless of pretty decent curtido salad.  Polish sausage was closer to a DNA match.

49770932803_8f9933fc7c_c.jpg

• Like 1

I marinated skirt steak,.. I have a default one, or one that I use often as Alicia requests it. But it's lime juice, fish sauce, soy, brown sugar, garlic, oil, cilantro and I think that's it.  Oh jalapenos.   But, the quar has supplies all over the place.. I have been doing a pretty good job actually.. I haven't thrown anything out, nothing has gone rotten on me and well, my diet has been varied and rather delicious. 

Anyway, so I gathered my supplies to get started..  Brown, Fish Sauce, Soy all worked out.. Garlic, we are out. Cilantro, nope, lime, well, there is like a half a lime and some weird lime juice my daughter brought home from college that I am not messing with..   So, i added what lime I could, I added all the other ingredients and then I added Bull Head BBQ Sauce.  It's my secret for good dumpling sauce.. it's that tin can with the red top... The main ingredient is brill fish.. But there is a lot of umami and there is some spice and well, let's do it.. I did it.  

I had made a dal the previous night.. It came out so well.. I fried tomatoes and onions with spices and added the lentil that I boiled for 10 minutes before straining and tossing into my onion tomato mixture.. I had gotten some fun spice packets from Kaluystan's about a month ago, so, everything was bright..\

49766586051_81a8e797b6_z.jpg

Let me see if i remember.. Mustard, cumin despite the garam masala having it, garam masala, west indian curry powder, onion garlic and ginger 

I had rice leftover that I just crisped in a single layer in a pan for like 15 minutes. 

49771590046_4422afd90b_z.jpg

3.5 minutes per side.. that seems to be my default.. 

49771054673_2128d50541_z.jpg

I think i nailed it:

49771589656_7a4f918322_z.jpg

That was from the other piece:

49771588751_75c69ff9f7_z.jpg

I marinaded the meat this morning. Right before dinner, I get a beer and lime delivery...So, i was able to make lime onions and also serve lime with the steak... The addition of the bull head bbq was intense.  Where the thai marinade I am use to is a lot more lime, a lot of garlic, there is  also the spice from the jalapeno.. This was just dark and rich and sugary and that fish umami.. It was so damn good.. And the hit of lime was just perfect..  So yeh, new marinade.  Dal and steak, who knew. 

49771913982_f9beee148f_z.jpg