• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Working my way through some Indian recipes from a not very good book - an experiment in seeing what works and what doesn't. The night before last I turned my kitchen into a post-hurricane site with a

Ta. I must give this a try.

Thank you thank you. But doesn't everyone look better wearing a bath mat?

Posted Images

A spaghetti dinner:

This pasta sauce was great.. It was the italian imported little cherry tomatoes that come in a small can.. I used two.. First a bunch of garlic, low in oil, then some sliced onion, then carrot, all gentle heat.. then tomatoes, wine, sugar, salt and a pinch of baking soda.. Cooked for a bit.  And then just kept feeding basil into the sauce.. Eventually adding sliced fresh once off the heat and again when on the platter. 

50367861072_5256388b53_z.jpg

Topped with eggplant parm 

50367702316_0f5e981a64_z.jpg

50367702571_66af40fb0e_z.jpg

I have this new breading for eggplant.. On top of pressing for a day... I then bread and fry and they literally keep crispy for three days at room temp.   I added the sauce to the sheet, then the eggplant, then topped with more sauce, a cashew ricotta and basil... simple arugula and lemon salad.. with a bit of sherry vinegar too. 

50367703016_7a0d106522_z.jpg

Fried yeast donuts with a guava jelly filling and topped with tofu cream cheese icing. 

50367858182_c16b14f999_z.jpg

Nachos with cheese sauce with a two bean picadillo:

Nacho sauce is really fun.. tastes better than the real fake stuff. 

50367074108_4c5d934638_z.jpg

and thats how i spent my summer vacation 

On 9/1/2020 at 5:47 AM, joethefoodie said:

And it wasn't the pupick, because how could that go last?

My dad made roast chicken once, and left it to rest. I happened by it in the kitchen, and tore off the bum and ate it. He was so mad! Like really really mad. Didn't talk to me for days! Apparently he had been salivating at the thought of eating it. Well, I think he should have eaten it right out of the oven, then!

20 minutes ago, prasantrin said:

My dad made roast chicken once, and left it to rest. I happened by it in the kitchen, and tore off the bum and ate it. He was so mad! Like really really mad. Didn't talk to me for days! Apparently he had been salivating at the thought of eating it. Well, I think he should have eaten it right out of the oven, then!

Yeah totally his fault!

Sunday was venison loin (seared then 100°C oven for 30 minutes) with crisped porcini mushrooms, a pan sauce, and cauliflower puree. Monday was zucchini fritters with greek yogurt and a from-the-balcony tomato basil salad. Tuesday was Eggplant Parm. Today probably tortilla-ish soup (without the tortillas). One small glass of wine with the venison, because venison! 

Trying to lose the vacation and WFH weight via low carb but not sure it's working... 🙄

1196647621_ChefColllective09-21.jpeg.d9e4b75274cd88c5cd86a6a7cfe6e3b3.jpeg

Last night, I steam broiled the Treviso (on the right) with olive oil and hit it with real balsamic when it was done.  it was a good side to this...

2059416944_Orechiettewithcornetc.Treviso.09-22.jpeg.26fecb0bf8d72f08638345132a831c6a.jpeg

Usually not a big fan of corn anything to do with pasta, as they tend to be a little sweeter than I like. But this orecchiette with fresh corn, house roasted peppers, garlic, scallions, parmesan, assorted herbs was good, and the bitterness of the radicchio went along just fine. I thought the little ears would capture the corn nicely, and they did!

Tian with potato, yellow squash, red onion and tomato. It's a food! It's a craft! It's a way to use up a lot of vegetables that isn't soup! Bottom right section needs work.

IMG_5445.jpg

And carrot ginger soup made with purple carrots, which seemed like a good idea, but looks kinda scary. It's also too sweet, because carrots.

IMG_5451.jpg