• Replies 21.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Working my way through some Indian recipes from a not very good book - an experiment in seeing what works and what doesn't. The night before last I turned my kitchen into a post-hurricane site with a

Ta. I must give this a try.

Thank you thank you. But doesn't everyone look better wearing a bath mat?

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

Romanesco is great roasted with olive oil, bread crumbs, and Calabrian hot spread.

Roasted was my original plan. Some of this one will definitely get roasted. I already have too many jars, though, so I'll have to find some other kind of spread. Still trying to figure out how to use up the fermented shrimp paste before I die.

Short ribs taken off the bone and sauteed with Chinese noodles (the yellow curly ones) and mushrooms in a vaguely Chinese-style sauce.  The bones will be repurposed tomorrow as the base for a bean, red cabbage, and kale soup.

File_000.jpeg.4535adf3fcd04db9b38c559ee3ed8e29.jpeg

A stab at Ethiopian food. Atakilt wot, which is supposed to be cabbage, carrots and cubed potatoes but I made it with Brussels sprouts and mashed potatoes, ‘cause that’s what I had. And Misir wot, which is supposed to be spiced red lentils, but I had brown, so brown it is. Also injera, take two. The less said about take one, the better.

I actually cooked today. Sort of. I made tannin don but I used s&b gyudon tare. So i really just poured equal amounts of water and tare in a pan, and threw in some onions and very thinly sliced beef, and I added some enoki and baby bok choy, just to get my weekly vegetable serving in.

For some reason, the weekend called for easy comfort food; in our case, that means making pasta.

IMG_2938.thumb.jpeg.c23702f106e84ce8d61130d8a9d1077d.jpeg

Saturday night, it was spaghetti all'Amatriciana, showered with both perocrino and parmesan. Side of sautéed endive - I'd only braised endive in the past, but it's not bad sautéed.

IMG_2945.thumb.jpeg.cbd149aaeb1944b14f4b6cd7cafb5cc4.jpeg

Sunday night, I took the batch of all'Amatriciana sauce I had saved (about 1/2 of the total made the night before), added some cooked beans to it, and dinner became Fusilli all'Amatriciana e fagioli. With a chiffonade of basil and more cheese.

Side salad.

Yes, the Giants now on "Total Command" of the NFC East.  👍

Duck breast with blueberry caramel sauce (from the DArtagnan website) The sauce was a bit to cloying so I added more demi glace than the recipe called for. That balanced it out. 

Now house favorite Marcella's cabbage and duck fat roasted potatoes on the side. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bloviatrix said:

That's what we had for dinner on Friday night. So, so good. All they need is a little salt and pepper.

Exactly how they were seasoned, @bloviatrix. You're really supposed tp burn your fingers on them while eating them hot off the fire - scottadito!

https://italianchef.com/lamb-chops-scottadito/

19 minutes ago, voyager said:

I used one of those as the basis for our last Scotch broth.    Good meat/fat ratio + a bone.  

Leftover one, or uncooked? I'm thinking of using the leftovers in a quick curry.