Walking for papers is our part of our exercise routine since we spend a third of our time out of town and a pile of papers at your door is a signal to thieves.   WSJ is delivered by mail, same day albeit afternoon.

• Replies 21k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Working my way through some Indian recipes from a not very good book - an experiment in seeing what works and what doesn't. The night before last I turned my kitchen into a post-hurricane site with a

Ta. I must give this a try.

Thank you thank you. But doesn't everyone look better wearing a bath mat?

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, joethefoodie said:

And once you've taught that 8 year old to cook, serve and clean up - you'll really be getting your money's worth!

he can set the table, but someone has to get the plates down for him!!

(though I'm pretty sure unless he's producing Pacaud level cuisine I'm not getting my money's worth)

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Anthony Bonner said:

he can set the table, but someone has to get the plates down for him!!

(though I'm pretty sure unless he's producing Pacaud level cuisine I'm not getting my money's worth)

Best be happy with their entertainment value, like kittens and puppies.

11 hours ago, voyager said:

I made it as close to directed as is possible for me.   I thought it was excellent.   Would make it again. The suggestion of anchovy is a good one.

Thanks!  I’ll make it for tonight’s supper.

2 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

I overcooked my black-eyed peas this year too!

Hope this doesn't portend ill for N and me.

One man's overcooked black-eyed peas is another man's limp green beans.    To each his own.    No sweat.  

Mrs. P went all out for our New Year's Eve dinner. She made coffee rubbed Heritage double cut pork chops from D’Artagnan, with sides of roasted delicata squash and roasted Brussels sprouts with butternut squash, crispy bacon, pearl onions, fried sage, and maple syrup. For dessert she made pineapple rum ice cream with caramel sauce and fresh fruit. It all went great with Molly Dooker The Boxer Shiraz and 20 year old Taylor Fladgate port. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, small h said:

Mushroom bourguignon (credit to Smitten Kitchen)

Interesting, as I made a mushroom ragout last night (served over Carolina Gold rice). It didn't warrant a picture; not as pretty as yours.

Truffled Roast Chicken with Chanterelle Risotto and sauteed spinach.  Rupert and Rothschild Pinotage to go with it. 4 (very thin) slices of Mekelberg's Babka for dessert. 

Dry January starts today......