Hive mind, I did Channa Masala for lunch. This time with dried chickpeas, which were actually good! I think the pandemic stockpiling caused enough turnover in beans that I finally get fresh ones. (Gotta find the silver linings where one can.)

Dinner was bucatini Amatriciana. Steamed broccolini with lots of lemon. Minis like broccoli(?!)

• Replies 21k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Working my way through some Indian recipes from a not very good book - an experiment in seeing what works and what doesn't. The night before last I turned my kitchen into a post-hurricane site with a

Ta. I must give this a try.

Thank you thank you. But doesn't everyone look better wearing a bath mat?

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Behemoth said:

Hive mind, I did Channa Masala for lunch. This time with dried chickpeas, which were actually good! I think the pandemic stockpiling caused enough turnover in beans that I finally get fresh ones. (Gotta find the silver linings where one can.)

Dinner was bucatini Amatriciana. Steamed broccolini with lots of lemon. Minis like broccoli(?!)

I've always liked broccoli and cauliflower, even as a child.

Pizza night last night; always a time for reckoning.

I made and used a dough that had fermented overnight, but without refrigerating it. Just shaped, benched, and used. slightly lower hydration, KA Sir Gallahad flour (like 11.7%) - I'm trying to get to the NY style crust. This did not achieve that, nor was it as good as the last crust I made. Still tasty, though I had a little trouble with the roundness on this one...let's call it Pizza al Taglio.

155081611_Pizzaaltaglio01-08.thumb.jpeg.bbb4621d272939f7be984b3ac316f8d8.jpeg

Lookie here - almost a circle!

314675983_Pizzaround01-08-21.thumb.jpeg.2db5745a615d6026dd769cc0826e4960.jpeg

1672397205_Pizza01-08IMG_3295.thumb.jpeg.256ce19b7f37ede98c8f9b6300f9a1e6.jpeg

Less cheese = more better.

1461898659_Pizzaup01-08-21IMG_3296.thumb.jpeg.8fc0d9e50fb0d1bf8d61fa5e2d024a36.jpeg

I was looking for something to do with the rest of my monkfish liver that wasn't pan frying or au torchon-ing, and someone on another site suggested cooking it in cream sauce. So I did, with onions and portabello mushrooms, pan deglazed with Scotch (this was mostly an actual recipe, although it sounds like something I came up with after a handful of gummies). It was okay.

File_000.jpeg.1d807808438c72e40a99c37deed0cd0d.jpeg

And roasted Brussels sprouts in a caper and shallot vinaigrette, which I've made successfully in the past, but this time I managed to both over-vinegar and over-roast. Not my best effort, tonight. Oh, well.

File_001.jpeg.b72d16551579f243ccdee47cc77669f6.jpeg

7 hours ago, small h said:

someone on another site suggested cooking it in cream sauce. So I did, with onions and portabello mushrooms, pan deglazed with Scotch (this was mostly an actual recipe, although it sounds like something I came up with after a handful of gummies). It was okay.

Sounds like the person on the other site had the handful of gummies. All at once.

New personal rule: I will endeavor to emulate the recipe writer's sobriety or lack thereof while preparing and consuming the finished dish. Please inform Ms. Genevieve Ko that I am upping the authenticity ante.

• Haha 1

1798440567_Salades01-08.thumb.jpeg.8f694e6fd0ff5ce26c8a8a4187f0e0fb.jpeg

Our two favorite French salads. And I keep upping the mustard component as well.

Tasted through a couple of batches of carrots to find the best I had.

Roasted chicken thighs, baked potato, escarole went with.