• Replies 21.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Working my way through some Indian recipes from a not very good book - an experiment in seeing what works and what doesn't. The night before last I turned my kitchen into a post-hurricane site with a

Ta. I must give this a try.

Thank you thank you. But doesn't everyone look better wearing a bath mat?

Posted Images

Easily one of our favorite vegetables...

2091121887_ArtichokesRomana02-23.thumb.jpeg.4fc6c2e8a0a9ddadf7a2dfb9c6da6d1e.jpeg

Carciofi alla Romana, served alongside the pizza I made a few nights ago. I may never get the pizza perfect, and I may never be able to cook with artichokes purchased in Rome, but at least I can do this.

831794221_ShrimpwithgreensHunanstyle02-24.thumb.jpeg.7d2a4f111feb129925c49b16f46c7021.jpeg

Shrimp (wild gulf previously frozen), choy sum and snow peas.

From Fuchsia Dunlop's Revolutionary Chinese Cooking - Recipes From Hunan Province...

601656696_ShrimpandgreensovernoodlesHunanstyle02-24.thumb.jpeg.089d9a0f3b6925ca7bf0c9e52f240e71.jpeg

Served over noodles with a little broth.

Though people may lump Hunanese food with Szechuanese food, they are quite different.

Yesterday was roasted radicchio tardivo di Treviso (along with blood oranges, the only good thing about February. Come to think of it, why didn’t I think to combine them?)

Then rigatoni ala carbonara, following the second of those Roman chefs videos, basically the base is a savoury sabayon sauce. With fancy pasta and guanciale. Not something I would make every day but damn that was good. 

• Like 1

Squid with green sauce, and rice with spinach and lemon. I've made both of these a bunch of times very successfully, but tonight I was distracted (by Zoom nonsense) and overcooked everything. Alas. Edible, but not actually good. Alas.

Tonight's dinner will be spaghetti alle vongole, thanks to some nice-looking clams N picked up from the local fishmonger (who often doesn't have them).  Am hoping that the 2018 South African sauvignon blanc we're going to have with it hasn't turned to vinegar.