1 hour ago, Behemoth said:

So this is how dinner went:

zucchini?! Eeee! Disgusting!!! Last time I had zucchini I nearly threw up!!

when did you have zucchini?

school lunch once. do I have to eat it? It’s not on my list. So unfair! (This goes on for a while.)

No, you don’t have to eat it, but then you can’t have dessert.

takes small bite. Tells other kid: it’s not disgusting. Actually it’s really good. It almost tastes like chips. Can zucchini go on my list? It’s better than the school lunch zucchini.

mr. B: that’s probably not a gesture you should be teaching the kids…

I save my real frustration for when the object to meals they've eaten multiple times previously. 

• Replies 21.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Working my way through some Indian recipes from a not very good book - an experiment in seeing what works and what doesn't. The night before last I turned my kitchen into a post-hurricane site with a

Ta. I must give this a try.

Thank you thank you. But doesn't everyone look better wearing a bath mat?

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Anthony Bonner said:

I save my real frustration for when the object to meals they've eaten multiple times previously. 

This happens is will all too much frequency. My personal favorite was when he announced he doesn't like avocado as he was in the midst of scarfing down my avocado tartine. He hasn't eaten one since.

A parallel, husband used to take a bite of a new dish, lavish praise on it as he continued to eat, have seconds, even thirds and then, fork down, announce that I needn't make it again for a very long time, if ever.   i learned to remove the reagent vessel early in the meal.

• Haha 1

Dealing with what I think is a combination of stress tummy and some mild food poisoning, I could only handle easy-to-digest food this evening, so N cooked up some trahana in no-salt* chicken broth with peas and carrots.

*The cats seem to be doing well when we add chicken broth to their food sometimes, so N cooked up a batch from raw chicken, rather than her usual MO of making broth from bones left over from our meals.

4 hours ago, AaronS said:

my son doesn’t like pizza anymore.

Spaghetti with tomato sauce here. But of course, only one kid, as the intersection of their likes/dislikes has to be a null set. 

last night at probably the nicest place around here as we begin to try to get our kids reacclimated to restaurants/ behaving in restaurants - one kid tries to order the burger. Other kid tries to order the caviar.  Wonderful

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Warm salad with roasted vegetables from our garden (cauliflower, radishes, and golden beets), RG's new black quinoa, peas, basil, cherry tomatoes, and a mustard-based dressing.

Had leftover splat of ooozy Red Hawk + nectarines from the Valley -> app plate that husband inhaled.  A sublime combo.

1901534321_ScreenShot2021-06-12at6_20_02PM.thumb.png.1ac9b0e3da953fc698a9b87e2a9efe80.png

On to chicken schnitzel, herbed cream sauce, oo and garlic scorched-fried cauliflower

White asparagus with oyster mushrooms, fava bean scafata with the first of the balcony chard, and a nice piece of skate. I think this might be the first time I've had white asparagus. I see what all the fuss is about.

IMG_8130.jpg.b1be1f64b16dd285ceec199a8b7b5943.jpg

48 minutes ago, joethefoodie said:

IMG_4330.thumb.jpeg.184dbdc7c9a5a875a92ede858fedb4d0.jpeg

Crab cake, baked potato some of which had sour cream and ikura, house-made tartar sauce, and sautésed celery. 

Sign me up for this plate of my favorite foods.    (I'll see if the celery makes that cut.)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, voyager said:

I'll see if the celery makes that cut.

It was one of the few green things left in the fridge that didn't make it into the salad at lunch. Specifically not in that salad so I could use it for dinner!

Truth be told, it's better stir-fried and seasoned in a more Asian manner. Or maybe even Kenta's kombu marinate.

Easy Peasy even if not particularly healthy: Grilled (bio-)käsekrainer, iceberg lettuce and radishes with blue cheese buttermilk dressing. 
Canteen and school lunches open again, so dinner is reverting back to the „smaller“ meal.