Tonight, "spank me soup", something you cobble together when you look into your veg compartment and realize that you've accumulated several categories of veg that need immediate address.  

Zucchini, cauliflower, romaine, bok choy, adding onion, garlic, chicken broth, blitzed with the Bamix, plated with a mound of Mexican sour cream, shower of crisp guanciale, chives.   

Sliced peaches.  

Maybe getting ahead of the summer harvest.   

• Replies 21.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Working my way through some Indian recipes from a not very good book - an experiment in seeing what works and what doesn't. The night before last I turned my kitchen into a post-hurricane site with a

Ta. I must give this a try.

Thank you thank you. But doesn't everyone look better wearing a bath mat?

Posted Images

Bread salad using the end of a sourdough loaf (not homemade) that had gone stale while we were out of town.  N include the last of the RG ceci neri, lots of garden vegetables, fresh basil, and some bacon for the heck of it.

Indoor cookout. Impossible burger on a homemade kaiser roll, my entire crop of green beans (so far, I hope) blanched with olive oil and lemon, Texas potato salad from this recipe, which was a little too much work but came out pretty awesome. I usually just make basic deli potato salad: brined potatoes, onion, mayo, the end. This was brined in a more complicated way and had all kinds of stuff in it. Kinda worth it!

IMG_9194.JPG.d81f807c7fa9fb2ab3979e351fe26e6f.JPG

Just now, StephanieL said:

Thai yellow curry with chicken.  All of the vegetables came from our garden.  We have a bumper crop of cherry tomatoes, with lots more on the plants.

I continue to be impressed with the garden prowess of you two California transplants.   Brilliant and enviable.

4 minutes ago, voyager said:

I continue to be impressed with the garden prowess of you two California transplants.   Brilliant and enviable.

Thank you, though the prowess is all N--I just pick the blueberries.  N had a little experience with our small garden in the backyard of our building in NYC, but for a while her mother had a herbalist business so she was helping her with that.  The climate here is a lot like in South Africa.  And she's been reading up a LOT.

• Like 1