• Replies 22.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Working my way through some Indian recipes from a not very good book - an experiment in seeing what works and what doesn't. The night before last I turned my kitchen into a post-hurricane site with a

Ta. I must give this a try.

Thank you thank you. But doesn't everyone look better wearing a bath mat?

Posted Images

My stupid schedule (which is not stupid every day, just today) has me getting home around 7:30, too late to cook anything time-consuming, and I don't have anything in the freezer save for carb-y stuff, which I am trying to avoid for a while. I muttered to myself the whole way home on the 2/J/M14A that I should a) pick something up at Essex Market or b) order from Chowbus, but I decided to microwave some leftover mushroom chili on a bed of spinach with cheese and salsa over top and damned if it wasn't perfectly acceptable. Good, even. I may survive the spring after all.

• Like 1

WHO DOES? Your freezer probably has more possibilities than mine. Plus, my latest "save the world!" idea is to bring extra hard-boiled eggs and cheese with me to give out to people who ask for food, and what I didn't count on was folks dropping eggshell on the floor of the subway, so now I feel bad about encouraging littering.

Warm salad for dinner last night: RG Rio Zapes, roasted vegetables (including mushrooms, radishes, and 2 varieties of home-grown sweet potatoes), cherry tomatoes, avocado, and stuffing croutons, dressed and served over mixed salad greens.

47 minutes ago, Diancecht said:

burger and hot dog from five guys

apparently doordash will deliver from restaurants located outside of sf. the nearest location is in south san francisco. took about an hour.

Quite a few years ago, a Five Guys opened very close to our house. We don’t normally do fast food burgers, but we decided to try them there. In a word: horrible. And the fries were awful as well. That location didn’t last too long.

they were ok, didn’t feel like cooking. the fries were the best thing last night.

saturday: costolette di maiale and sautéed spinach.

the chops were marinated with garlic, rosemary, olive oil, salt and pepper, then baked for 90 minutes at 350 f.

4DCD979E-6973-4BB6-BDA7-B6F3A36D011F.jpeg

6A5055B5-9DE9-4B24-BF58-B3C567533A7B.jpeg

346DB8F9-A271-4A53-B201-F6B93C529FFB.jpeg

Super-quick dinner for the end of a long work day. Shrimp, broccoli, mushroom & onion with red curry paste over riced cauliflower. I have now had enough riced cauliflower to know that I do not like it. And I'm probably done low-carbing because it's been 6ish weeks and my body seems perfectly capable of tenaciously hanging on to all its weight, rice or no rice. Sigh.

IMG_1267(1).jpg.a14ac046dcd5331a84e1921ff9374266.jpg

made a giant vat of minestrone on sunday that we’re slowly making our way through.

i detest leftovers but for this and filipino food, i’ll make an exception.

our base recipe typically starts with olive oil and odori (celery, carrots and onion), then whatever is in the crisper. this time around: potatoes, chard, cauliflower, chickpeas and canned crushed tomatoes. there was also a jar of dry-farmed early girl tomatoes from dirty girl produce. about a little under 2 liters/8 1/2 cups water. salt and pepper to taste. no pasta…but the thought crossed my mind.

4476BDED-65CD-4751-A852-D73D17502F47.jpeg