We've had a sizable amount of leftover roast beef in the freezer since last August, so in order to free up some space and to save a little money, we had some of the meat with crispy duck-fat potatoes and both cooked and raw fava bean pesto.  The rest will be turned into sandwiches during the week.

• Replies 22.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Working my way through some Indian recipes from a not very good book - an experiment in seeing what works and what doesn't. The night before last I turned my kitchen into a post-hurricane site with a

Ta. I must give this a try.

Thank you thank you. But doesn't everyone look better wearing a bath mat?

Posted Images

19 hours ago, joethefoodie said:

It wasn't because I read the post about Bamonte's, but...

67485236969__BC9A5C7E-0AE3-41AF-BBD6-AD9B27076ACB.fullsizerender.thumb.jpeg.e0b5b24100b39232e2bbfa837e9da652.jpeg

Beef and pork meatballs, with a "Tuscan-style" meat sauce.

And it took an extra day, which as @Sneakeater may attest to, only makes it better...

1B50C785-EFE2-48F7-B04E-BC1999AC6676_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.69393d6003f2654fd2613c5724badff6.jpeg

Meatballs and gravy with casarecci. Peas and carrots too.

• Like 2

Sliced raw tuna with blood orange, jalapeno and olive oil. Then grilled Copper River Sockeye with RAAAAAAAAMMMPPPPP Pesto. Asparagus and King Trumpet Mushrooms on the side. 

So the rest of the leftover roast beef was not turned into sandwiches, but instead was slow cooked in a homemade mole (with chocolate and everything).  Sides included RG Midnight Blacks, tortillas, sauteed mushrooms & onions, a simple tomato salsa, and lime and avocado wedges.  Goose Island Christmas IPA to drink.

I confess to using the parboiling with baking soda method for this batch of roasted potatoes:

IMG_6939.thumb.jpeg.f1ab1193df02d7a2c2f6d6b97f6eb6fe.jpeg

which came out nice and crispy; cooked in the CSO for a few minutes more after this picture was snapped. And then served with:

IMG_6941.thumb.jpeg.c1f248c6d1ee6511fbd927374ca193f2.jpeg

Pan-roasted round bone shoulder lamb chops, pan sauce, and sautéed asparagus. My chive supply was nonexistent, so scallions were the garnish...heathen.

Last night:

Salad with red leaf lettuce, chèvre, red onion & vinaigrette. Surrounded by cocktail tomatoes. Michael saw them when we were at Whole Foods and thought we should try them. Fantastic!

Chicken Marbella with roasted garlic and rosemary potatoes. 

33E0667E-9549-49E6-9AAF-3CC644756FCB.jpeg

2DC97CF4-3C64-49A7-AF55-987A907D5C10.jpeg

38AE98D7-7F70-440A-A79B-4903CDA28D9F.jpeg

7 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

Chicken Marbella remains one excellent dish, doesn’t it?

Absolutely! Michael remarked that the sauce was really delicious. Though the chicken, olives & prunes are supposed to be marinated overnight, I did it for about four hours. Still turned out great.