Alaska salmon

cinghiale

1 hour ago, cinghiale said:

Great Alaska Seafood is currently running some great specials. I recently ordered 10 lb of Copper River sockeye for $199 + free shipping. That’s considerably less than I paid last spring when the season started, so I’m guessing they’re trying to clear their inventory. Made some of the sockeye the other night - excellent quality.

This is where I order from as well.  They run specials frequently-and then you can add a few things on which ship for free as well.  I'm fond of their halibut in addition to the sockeye.

Yes. The last two springs, I purchased both king and sockeye from them (both Copper River). I’ve prepared both in myriad ways (sautéed, baked, grilled, in the smoker), and I prefer the flavor of sockeye. And given the price for CR king at peak season (GAS charges something like $90/lb), I personally don’t think it’s worth it. Their line-caught king is quite good (and more affordable). I can also highly recommend GAS’s halibut, black cod and, especially, their spot prawns.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

I don't want to boast, but the Copper River King Salmon with Sorrel Sauce I made last night (mostly) in my NEW ANOVA PRECISION OVEN wasn't only one of the best things I've ever made, but one of the best things I've ever eaten.

Edited by Sneakeater
  • Like 3