Burger Of The Month Club

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beatcha, Anita!   Let'd Do This!   Jason

Apparently on the other board, this topic has "run its course..."   Uh, yeah....

Gotta agree with Cam...It WAS expensive. Anita got the Stadium burger. Yup. 'twas big.   Yup. Did the Wagyu upgrade.   Yup. Was about as expensive as the Burger at the Palace Kitchen .   Yee

Heh, that you did. :rolleyes: (though I am slowing down in my old age and it doesn't take much...)

But let's continue to discuss the current month's selection back where we started, and then migrate here for the next selection.

~A

edited to add: anyone who has no idea what we're nattering on about, PM me for details. Elsewise, stay tuned and we'll be back here 'round the end of the month.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rockdoggydog

It's Burger Time! Anyone remember playing that game? Well another month another burger, Reese do that thing you do and send us someplace to satisfy a burger craving.

Rocky

thanks rocky

get thee to bad albert's for the more-is-more dock burger.

"Juicy ground beef with Vermont white Cheddar, thick smoky bacon, lettuce, tomato, onions, a touch of ketchup, pickles with Albert's famous burger sauce on a Wally bun. $6.95 With black bean chili, cheese and onions. $6.95. Dock burger w/o bacon and cheese $6.25"

open for lunch, too!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dear -- I fear we may be in for another "formerly great burger" month. :lol:

Cam and I went to Bad Albert's last night, and had terrible burgers. They had that tough, monochrome, flat-sided appearance of foodservice patties, and were suspiciously browned (well, dark-greyed) only on one side. They were flat, chewy (not in a good way), and uniformly grey throughout.

How the mighty have fallen...

~A

edited to add: They did come with some nice skin-on fries, which you can upgrade to salt & vinegar style for 0.50 more. Beware the (round-chip) nachos.

Sorry to hear about your bad burger Anita. I had high hopes for Bad Alberts since their home page touts Seattle Magazine voted them as Best Burger. It made my mouth water just to read that claim.

WINNER "BEST BURGER" by Seattle Magazine

"We'll go again and again for that Dock burger with all the fixings..."  - Seattle Magazine

I wonder how long ago they won that award?

Oh, the Bald Guy will be so elated. He loves Bad Albert's.

~A

The bald guy was elated, until he bit into the burger. I don't have the heart to return and find out what they've done to my beloved oyster po'boy. :lol:

c

as lead majorette of this month's burger club

julie, the cruise director of april's meat boat

current leader of the patty...

i don't want to go to bad albert's anymore. moreover, i don't want to force any of you to go there either. thanks very much to anita and cam for taking one for the team - but it seems that the review in seattle magazine was from 2002. the burger statute of limitations has expired, i'm afraid.

this is supposed to be fun, and not punishment.

so, in an unprecedented (and hopefully not precedent setting) move - i am switching the venue for BOM.

sterling cafe their menu promises hand-formed, and it's north, so in my southern opinion, it's in the same general area as bad albert's.

flame (broil) me if you like. i'm going organic.

this is supposed to be fun, and not punishment.

;)

Thanks indeed to Cam and Anita for taking one for the team. It seems like a sensible idea to switch to something with a better potential.

Thanks reese for finding a new place for us to try. Organic beef (especially in the case of hamburger!) sounds great to me.