Burger Of The Month Club

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beatcha, Anita!   Let'd Do This!   Jason

Apparently on the other board, this topic has "run its course..."   Uh, yeah....

Gotta agree with Cam...It WAS expensive. Anita got the Stadium burger. Yup. 'twas big.   Yup. Did the Wagyu upgrade.   Yup. Was about as expensive as the Burger at the Palace Kitchen .   Yee

Ok, moving the list to the current page with updates. Sorry you can't make it tsquare, but do try to get by on your own if you haven't been--it's a great place.

Tuesday, Dec 8th at Frank's Oyster House:

Lauren

sparrowsfall

Rocky (maybe)

Sally Simpleton + 1

Leslie

Jan + 1

I'll set up a ressie and confirm time etc. I'm going to shoot for 7:00 if that's ok with everyone. Anyone else?

**Edited to add the time I'm actually shooting for...doh!

Reservation confirmed at 7:00 for 8 people. They can accomodate up to 12 at one table and are fine with us all ordering burgers so if anyone else wants to come, post or PM me and I'll change the ressie.

Ok, moving the list to the current page with updates. Sorry you can't make it tsquare, but do try to get by on your own if you haven't been--it's a great place.

Lauren

sparrowsfall

Rocky (maybe)

Sally Simpleton + 1

Leslie

Jan + 1

I'll set up a ressie and confirm time etc. I'm going to shoot for 7:00 if that's ok with everyone. Anyone else?

Ok, I'm going to confirm the reservation....any changes? Rocky, are you still in? Anyone else?

Lauren

sparrowsfall

Rocky (maybe)

Sally Simpleton + 1

Leslie

Jan + 1

Ok, I'm going to confirm the reservation....any changes? Rocky, are you still in? Anyone else?

Jan, sorry, but I have a change of plans due to my very ill kitty and need to stay home tonight. Have a great time and I hope to get there later on in the month...

Report! I've don't think I've ever done the burger at Frank's.

We had a good dinner there! I wrote about it here. Unfortunately, I didn't get any non-blurry pictures of the burger or other food -- it's pretty dark inside. The ham biscuits seemed to go over well & they had a number of good cocktails I'll be going back to try.

Frank's was great the other night. It wasn't packed so it wasn't as loud as it was last time Paul and I were there. It was nice to meet Sally and Mr. Sally - we had a lot of fun.

SeaGal and I split a burger and it was really good. Cooked perfectly for me (medium rare) and the bun is not to big to overwhelm but big enough to hold it's shape with all the juices. The cheese is a nice, aged white cheddar that is nicely sharp. I've always liked their fries and now, I think their even better. They are maybe 1/4" square and 3 - 4" long - crisp on the outside, soft and potato-y inside. Nicely seasoned. Very tasty.

I agree with everything Lauren said and in addition, I very much like the pickled red onions that come on the burger. We also split the butter lettuce wedge salad with bacon, roasted tomatoes and Green Goddess dressing, which was good, as always. The only odd thing was that, even though they feature "local smoked bacon" in the wedge salad, they don't offer it as an option for the burger. One of our party really wanted bacon and was told "we don't do bacon on the burgers". When pressed, they did bring out some of the pre-fried lardons that they prep in advance for the salad. Still, though, I really liked the burger and fries here and will definitely be ordering it again soon.

• 3 weeks later...
SeaGal, it's time to tag someone for January!

Hah, I was just coming here to do that!!

So here's where we are and what we've reviewed so far. Thought I'd update the list to keep it current:

Palace Kitchen- Anita

The Maple Leaf Grill- Jan

Jaks- Rocky

Bad Alberts- Reese

Sterling Café- Reese

Collins Pub- Tighe

Hi Life- FaiJai

Sport- Wendy

35th Street Bistro – Eden

Blue Moon - Margaret

Market Street Grill in Ballard- Lauren

Ruth's Chris Steakhouse downtown- Leslie

Fred's Riverton Alehouse in Snohomish- Fred & Ed

Earth & Ocean - Little Ms Foodie

Palace Kitchen, round 2 - Fai Jay

Asada - White Lotus

Cascadia - hhlodesign

Feenie's - Ling

Moxie - Gourmetlight$

Two Bells - Barry

Deluxe - Allyson

Brasa - Sparrowsfall

22 Doors - Allyson

Elliott Bay Brewing - Tighe

Farestart - Dandelion

Stell's - Eden

Leny's - rockdoggydog

Home Cooked - Lauren

King's Hardware - SeaGal

Zayda Buddy's - Malarkey

Jolly Roger - Little Ms Foodie

Buckley's on Queen Ann - Leslie

Lunchbox Labratory - GourmetLight$

Metropolitan Grill - FayJai

Quinn's - Lauren

BOKA - heyjude

Skillet - croseattle

10 Mercer – Eden

Pig N Whistle – Rocky

Latona Pub - Sally Simpleton

Whalemaker Bar at Ivar’s – Sparrowsfall

Spur - Allyson

Zippy's - Tighe

Springhill - da Goose

Shadowland - Rocky

Frank's Oyster House and Champagne Parlor - Jan (SeaGal)

It appears that everyone who participates has had a turn and some of us have picked places 2 or 3 times. So I'm going to pick someone who's only done it once and I will PM her to be sure she's in for it. I nominate: croseattle