Burger Of The Month Club

Wow! I would never have expected it, but that was the best burger I've had in a good while. So beefy & cooked perfectly. I got the "Wedgewood Rock" their 8oz burger with bacon, and it was just about perfect. the bun was soft enough, but not falling apart, my tomatos were plausibly red, and they put the condiments on the side so you could choose how much or little you wanted to include.

Great pick Lauren!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beatcha, Anita!   Let'd Do This!   Jason

Apparently on the other board, this topic has "run its course..."   Uh, yeah....

Gotta agree with Cam...It WAS expensive. Anita got the Stadium burger. Yup. 'twas big.   Yup. Did the Wagyu upgrade.   Yup. Was about as expensive as the Burger at the Palace Kitchen .   Yee

I have to say, I was absolutely and pleasantly surprised by the burger! As Eden said, a great tasting 8 oz patty, asked for rare and served slightly over medium rare (which is about as close to perfect as it gets with burgers), decent cheddar and bun and fresh condiments (nice thinly sliced onions that weren't overly strong).

Lauren and I split a burger and a prime rib French Dip, which surprisingly we also got to choose our level of doneness on. The Dip was decent, although could have had more meat on it. The fries and onion rings were all Sysco standards, but they were fried well and not overly greasy; the basic diner salad came with iceberg/romaine and Cheez-its (LOL!) on it, but the blue cheese dressing was very good. But the burger was the thing!

The decor, menu and wait staff are hilariously (and non-ironically) retro (a split of Cook's "champagne" for $8.00 anyone?), like someplace my parents would have taken me back in the day. But we were treated well and had a good meal.

I'll definitely go back for the burger, sit in the bar, have a beer or martini (which was surprisingly decent)and watch the game some Monday night.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I'll give it a bit of thought get back with a choice. I'd like to try Lecosho again and see if they can do a burger for a group in the evening. If not, I'll pick something else.

• 4 weeks later...

Better late than never, I guess. It looks like I'm doing BOM for February, since January is behind us now! :blush:

So, I've picked a place: 5 Corner Market Bar & Kitchen in Ballard where Lombardi's used to be.

From the menu: "1/2 lb painted hills burger, beef fat fries, wookey hole cheddar, blt, big bun sauce, brioche bun"

I'm available the following February evenings:

Thur, 10th

Tues, 15th

Wed, 16th

Mon, 21st

Tues, 22nd

Wed, 23rd

Who's in?

Better late than never, I guess. It looks like I'm doing BOM for February, since January is behind us now! :blush:

So, I've picked a place: 5 Corner Market Bar & Kitchen in Ballard where Lombardi's used to be.

From the menu: "1/2 lb painted hills burger, beef fat fries, wookey hole cheddar, blt, big bun sauce, brioche bun"

Thur, 10th

Tues, 15th

Wed, 16th

Mon, 21st

Tues, 22nd

Wed, 23rd

Who's in?

Wed the 16th, Tuesday the 22nd, and Wednesday the 23rd work best for me! I can't make the 15th for sure.

Thur, 10th

Tues, 15th

Wed, 16th

Mon, 21st

Tues, 22nd

Wed, 23rd

Who's in?

I can do any evening other than the 10th.

Thur, 10th

Tues, 15th

Wed, 16th

Mon, 21st

Tues, 22nd

Wed, 23rd

Who's in?

I can do any evening other than the 10th.

any of those would be fine with me

Thur, 10th

Tues, 15th

Wed, 16th

Mon, 21st

Tues, 22nd

Wed, 23rd

I can do 10th, 15th, or 23rd

Maybe we should choose the 23rd since I can't do the 10th and Sally Simpleton can't do the 15th...

Maybe we should choose the 23rd since I can't do the 10th and Sally Simpleton can't do the 15th...

I like that idea! :)

Ok, so, Wednesday, Feb 23rd. How about 7:00?

Anyone bringing friends/SO's/spouses? So far we have:

Lauren

da goose

Sally Simpleton

Eden

SeaGal

Anyone else?

Lauren

da goose

Sally Simpleton

Eden

SeaGal

Anyone else?

Bill is in too, and gosh we'll be in Ballard, so close to so many good spots for a cocktail before or after - whatever will we do? :D

I like that idea! :)

Lauren

da goose

Sally Simpleton

Eden

SeaGal

Anyone else?

Brett's going to join us, so I'll be plus one.