Burger Of The Month Club

Here's the current list of us:

Jan

Lauren & Paul

Eden & Bill

sparrowsfall

Sally Simpleton + Mr. Simpleton

da goose + Mr. da goose

I tried to make a ressie at Bastille, but because next week is Restaurant Week, the only time they can get us in with a reservation is 5:30 which I'm pretty sure is too early, right?

She said we could try walking in, but since it's such a big group (10) that might not work too well, especially since we all want the burger. So, we can either walk in and take our chances, or plan this further out.

Restaurant week ends next week. What do you think?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beatcha, Anita!   Let'd Do This!   Jason

Apparently on the other board, this topic has "run its course..."   Uh, yeah....

Gotta agree with Cam...It WAS expensive. Anita got the Stadium burger. Yup. 'twas big.   Yup. Did the Wagyu upgrade.   Yup. Was about as expensive as the Burger at the Palace Kitchen .   Yee

I think we should push it out. It's not very nice to throw our group in on top of the chaos they will have because of Restaurant Week.

we'll probably end up missing if it gets pushed to November, but I agree that restaurant week is unrealistic...

I talked to SeaGal and she proposed keeping it the 26th but changing venues to Roosevelt Ale House, a non Restaurant Week participant, and then going to Bastille next month. What do you all think?

I don't mean to steel steal her thunder, just to keep the ball rolling.

Steel? Seriously?

They have a really good pub burger. The only problem I can forsee is that they have Trivia on Wednesday nights. Let me give them a call and see what time it starts and if they can handle us that night.

They have a really good pub burger. The only problem I can forsee is that they have Trivia on Wednesday nights. Let me give them a call and see what time it starts and if they can handle us that night.

Sounds good to us!

So, they can take us on Wednesday, but it is Trivia night. They can reserve a table for us at 7:00, but the place will start to fill up with Trivia players between 7:30 and 8:00. He said it's fine with them if we're there, but the room will be filled with Trivia players and someone on a microphone calling out questions etc.

He said any other weeknight might be better, but they're willing to accomodate us. Do we want a Trivia/BoM night or should we go back to the drawing board? Or does anyone have another idea of a place not affected by either Trivia of Restaurant Week?

(Also, we could go for 6:30 instead of 7:00, giving us more time to get our orders in before the Trivia sets in.)

So, they can take us on Wednesday, but it is Trivia night. They can reserve a table for us at 7:00, but the place will start to fill up with Trivia players between 7:30 and 8:00. He said it's fine with them if we're there, but the room will be filled with Trivia players and someone on a microphone calling out questions etc.

He said any other weeknight might be better, but they're willing to accomodate us. Do we want a Trivia/BoM night or should we go back to the drawing board? Or does anyone have another idea of a place not affected by either Trivia of Restaurant Week?

(Also, we could go for 6:30 instead of 7:00, giving us more time to get our orders in before the Trivia sets in.)

As a Trivia lover, I am going to of course vote 7 and fielding a BoM trivia team!

As a Trivia lover, I am going to of course vote 7 and fielding a BoM trivia team!

I'm with Naomi (BoM Trivia!) and I don't really have another night this month or in early Nov to do BoM, so I went ahead and made an executive decision, and made the reservation for 7:00pm on the 26th. It you don't want to do this, please let me know as soon as you can, so I can change the res. He confirmed what I suspected, that they hand-make their burgers, so they'll prepare for 10 of us unless we tell them otherwise. If enough people don't want to do this, maybe we can split this one up and some of us go Wednesday and others on another night.

Here's the current list:

Jan

Lauren & Paul

Eden & Bill

sparrowsfall

Sally Simpleton + Mr. Simpleton

da goose + Mr. da goose

I just got a little more scoop from a Roosevelt Ale House trivia regular (Ruth, friend of Lauren--well, of mine too, but Lauren's known her much longer). Anyway, she said it might be wise to shoot for closer to 6:30 since it gets really crowded and loud later. Also, there are no prizes for groups larger than 6. I don't care about the prizes and I assumed it would be noisy. But I can make it at 6:30 if others can and then still stay for Trivia.

Should I change the res time or just leave it as is?

Jan