Burger Of The Month Club

Marjorie is closed on Mondays, so I think by default we're looking at the 10th.

That would explain why in my notes I wrote down the 10th was the best day. Worst case, if people can't make the 10th, I'm game for drinks and some other food (burgers don't have to be included) on the 9th.

I'm in for either of course.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beatcha, Anita!   Let'd Do This!   Jason

Apparently on the other board, this topic has "run its course..."   Uh, yeah....

Gotta agree with Cam...It WAS expensive. Anita got the Stadium burger. Yup. 'twas big.   Yup. Did the Wagyu upgrade.   Yup. Was about as expensive as the Burger at the Palace Kitchen .   Yee

We have a reservation for 6 PM (the only time they could take us) on the 29th.

Lauren and Paul

SeaGal and SeaGuy

Eden and maybe Bill

Sally Simpleton + 1

da goose and Brett

Reminding everyone that this is tomorrow - see you then!

Ok, by popular demand I'm hosting a BoM in January at Marjorie on January 9th or 10th.

Which date works best for everyone? I'll be having pre-dinner drinks at Tavern Law at 5:30 PM (company would be welcome) and then we can head over to Marjorie at 6:30 PM and try and grab some of those burgers.

See you all soon!

Marjorie is closed on Mondays, so I think by default we're looking at the 10th.

That would explain why in my notes I wrote down the 10th was the best day. Worst case, if people can't make the 10th, I'm game for drinks and some other food (burgers don't have to be included) on the 9th.

The 10th works for me!

Lauren and Paul

SeaGal and SeaGuy

Eden and maybe Bill

Sally Simpleton + 1

da goose and Brett

Bill is unavailable, but I'm looking forward to seeing everyone!

Lauren and Paul

SeaGal and SeaGuy

Eden and maybe Bill

Sally Simpleton + 1

da goose and Brett

Unfortunately, Gary and I aren't going to make it tonight. I have a cold that's knocking me out and Gary forgot to put it on his calendar and scheduled a meeting right after work. Very sorry to miss out. Have fun!

Lauren and Paul

SeaGal and SeaGuy

Eden and maybe Bill

Sally Simpleton + 1

da goose and Brett

Unfortunately, Gary and I aren't going to make it tonight. I have a cold that's knocking me out and Gary forgot to put it on his calendar and scheduled a meeting right after work. Very sorry to miss out. Have fun!

Sorry to miss you all. I'll change the reservation.

For lack of anyone more sensible I'll post my 2 cents re the Bastille burger:

It was OK but too tough, and so strongly flavored with caraway by some unknown condiment that I didn't really get much beef out of it. The bun was both large and too firm making it basically impossible to bite into. Many other options on the menu are better if you're at Bastille so why bother? The frites were good though.

For lack of anyone more sensible I'll post my 2 cents re the Bastille burger:

It was OK but too tough, and so strongly flavored with caraway by some unknown condiment that I didn't really get much beef out of it. The bun was both large and too firm making it basically impossible to bite into. Many other options on the menu are better if you're at Bastille so why bother? The frites were good though.

This was pretty similar to my other experiences at Bastille--a few things were okay and one or two were incredibly good. I thought Eden's salad, Chris's Gnocchi and the tete de cochon appetizer were all great. I didn't love the poutine, the fries or the burger. I thought the patty and the bun were both too firm.

I concur with Eden's and Da Goose's opinions on the burger. The whole package was too firm despite the fact that it appeared cooked to spec. Eden's salad was my favorite dish on the table. Both cocktails that I ordered were excellent. Otherwise, I have to say that overall this visit changed my opinion of the quality of the food there. I'd had good experiences before when I stuck with the traditional french entrees, but it felt like the kitchen wasn't firing on all cylinders anymore.

I'm going to make a reservation for next Tuesday, January 10th at Marjorie at 6:30 PM. So far we have:

Me

Eden

Lauren

da Goose

Anyone else? Don't forget pre-dinner cocktails at Tavern Law at 5:30 PM!

I'm going to make a reservation for next Tuesday, January 10th at Marjorie at 6:30 PM. So far we have:

Me

Eden

Lauren

da Goose

I'm in, and so is my +1!

Edited to add: I'll probably be able to be there for Tavern Law part but my +1 won't be able to join until Marjorie.

I'm in! 5:30 at Tavern Law, right?

yes. (and I have one of *your* spoons for once!)

Bill will join us for Marjorie, but we're still working out logistics so I don't know if he'll be at Tavern Law or not.

Me

Eden

Lauren

da Goose

I'm in, and so is my +1!

Edited to add: I'll probably be able to be there for Tavern Law part but my +1 won't be able to join until Marjorie.

So sorry to miss you, Allyson, but I have choir practice on Tuesdays. Have fun!

Ok, I've requested a reservation for 8 people at 6:30 PM. That's their limit and when they open I can call and see if we can do any more.

The current list is:

Me

Eden+1

da Goose

Lauren

Sally+1

Steve