Burger Of The Month Club

I'm going to make a reservation for next Tuesday, January 10th at Marjorie at 6:30 PM. So far we have:

Me

Eden

Lauren

da Goose

Anyone else? Don't forget pre-dinner cocktails at Tavern Law at 5:30 PM!

I'm in, and so is my +1!

Edited to add: I'll probably be able to be there for Tavern Law part but my +1 won't be able to join until Marjorie.

So sorry to miss you, Allyson, but I have choir practice on Tuesdays. Have fun!

I'll miss you, too! I should be back again in the not too distant future, so I'll make sure to plan something that's not on a Tuesday.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beatcha, Anita!   Let'd Do This!   Jason

Apparently on the other board, this topic has "run its course..."   Uh, yeah....

Gotta agree with Cam...It WAS expensive. Anita got the Stadium burger. Yup. 'twas big.   Yup. Did the Wagyu upgrade.   Yup. Was about as expensive as the Burger at the Palace Kitchen .   Yee

For lack of anyone more sensible I'll post my 2 cents re the Bastille burger:

It was OK but too tough, and so strongly flavored with caraway by some unknown condiment that I didn't really get much beef out of it. The bun was both large and too firm making it basically impossible to bite into. Many other options on the menu are better if you're at Bastille so why bother? The frites were good though.

This was pretty similar to my other experiences at Bastille--a few things were okay and one or two were incredibly good. I thought Eden's salad, Chris's Gnocchi and the tete de cochon appetizer were all great. I didn't love the poutine, the fries or the burger. I thought the patty and the bun were both too firm.

Sadly, I have to agree with everyone about the burger. The meat was too lean and firm, the bun was too large and hard and the pickled onion too thick. I didn't get the caraway flavor but I did like the harissa. I also liked the frites with the lemon-y aioli.

I didn't try Eden's salad but I loved the tete de cochon (as I always do) and Chris's gnocchi was a surprise to me. They were some of the best I've had in a restaurant - very light. I don't really care for poutine in general because, imo, gravy on fries just makes them soggy. I liked the flavor of the gravy but didn't see any cheese curds on them.

Ok, I've requested a reservation for 8 people at 6:30 PM. That's their limit and when they open I can call and see if we can do any more.

The current list is:

Me

Eden+1

da Goose

Lauren

Sally+1

Steve

Paul would like to come if there is room.

Ok, I've requested a reservation for 8 people at 6:30 PM. That's their limit and when they open I can call and see if we can do any more.

The current list is:

Me

Eden+1

da Goose

Lauren

Sally+1

Steve

Turns out Paul has an appointment that evening and will have to miss out. He is not happy about it.

The current list is:

Me

Eden+1

da Goose

Lauren

Sally+1

Steve

Turns out Paul has an appointment that evening and will have to miss out. He is not happy about it.

Tragic! I'm glad we'll at least have you and I'll send my best wishes home with you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just realized no one posted about our burger at Marjorie.

I liked the burger and, oddly, I liked the harissa ketchup here. The marrow aioli was really good. That night Eden (I think it was Eden) mentioned that there was so much cheese and bacon that it overpowered the flavor of the meat. I can see that but I really liked the sharp cheddar they used on it. The bacon was cut a little too thick, which made it difficult to bite through, but it had a great smoky flavor. I loved the plantain chips we had to start!

Alyson, have you tagged someone for February?

Oh, no, I forgot. da Goose, you up for it?

Sure, I'll take it...

I'm having trouble making a decision on where, since there is a slew of new burger places popping up. I'm interested in katsu burger, but that's close enough for me to try for a work lunch. I'm slightly frightened by the corporateness of 8oz, so I'm going to choose...

Lil' Woody's.

I'm in New York (seeing Allyson, among other things) then coming home and getting my gall bladder removed YUCK! Soooo, now that I've TMI'ed y'all, we'll have to do the end of the month...

I can do any night the 20th-29th, so start throwing out dates that work for people!

Oh, no, I forgot. da Goose, you up for it?

Sure, I'll take it...

I'm having trouble making a decision on where, since there is a slew of new burger places popping up. I'm interested in katsu burger, but that's close enough for me to try for a work lunch. I'm slightly frightened by the corporateness of 8oz, so I'm going to choose...

Lil' Woody's.

I'm in New York (seeing Allyson, among other things) then coming home and getting my gall bladder removed YUCK! Soooo, now that I've TMI'ed y'all, we'll have to do the end of the month...

I can do any night the 20th-29th, so start throwing out dates that work for people!

I'm open any of those except the 20th and the 25th.