Here's what I think we have for 7 PM, this Tuesday, the 24th at Loretta's:

Eden and Bill

Lauren and Paul

SeaGal

Fay Jai

croseattle

da goose ?

tighe ?

Any one else? Fay Jai, have you called to warn them we'll be coming in?

I'm not going to make it, sorry guys!

Bummer, and yes. Thanks for the count, you read my mind! Any one else in?

~Jason

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beatcha, Anita!   Let'd Do This!   Jason

Apparently on the other board, this topic has "run its course..."   Uh, yeah....

Gotta agree with Cam...It WAS expensive. Anita got the Stadium burger. Yup. 'twas big.   Yup. Did the Wagyu upgrade.   Yup. Was about as expensive as the Burger at the Palace Kitchen .   Yee

Yes, I'm still in! See you all tomorrow!

Looking forward to tonight!

Went in and reconfirmed with the staff their last night. They made sure to tell me that they did not take reservations, that it would just be the cook and and the bartender, basically, everything that she said last time.

The patio out back is open, and there is a small parking lot at the back of the restaurant as well.

Website with links to their menus ("click on the tiles for hot zoom action")

http://lorettasnorthwesterner.com/index.html

See everyone tonight around 7!

~Jason

Despite the fact that, between the President in town and a Mariners game, it took us an hour to get there, I had a really fun time at Loretta's. It wasn't at all what I was expecting, which was more of a order at the counter kind of place. Just today I read that they are a sister bar of Georgetown's 9 Lb Hammer, which makes perfect sense. It also reminded me a lot of the Twilight Exit. I love the collection of crazy things all over (a ski lift chair!) and the ping pong table. But the best was the airstream trailer all decked out like a groovy lounge. Including the vibrating football game from my childhood!

My burger (the tavern double with added bacon) was meh. Actually it was pretty bad. The bun was dry, the meat was pretty flavorless and there were no sauces to doctor it up with. But I was having fun so it didn't matter that much. I'd go there again if I found myself in the area but it's not worth a drive to go there.

Thanks Fay Jai! It's your turn to tag someone!

I guess my assesment of the burger is more charitable. It's what I would expect/hope for in a cheap neighborhood dive bar burger. No, not worth travelling across town for, but glad to have it relatively close to my house.

Fay Jai indicated that he was going to tag me to pick the next BOM destination. Will have to mull the possibilities and decide exactly how far south I'm going to make you north-enders drive! Mwa-ah-ah-ahhhh!

• 3 weeks later...

I guess my assesment of the burger is more charitable. It's what I would expect/hope for in a cheap neighborhood dive bar burger. No, not worth travelling across town for, but glad to have it relatively close to my house.

Fay Jai indicated that he was going to tag me to pick the next BOM destination. Will have to mull the possibilities and decide exactly how far south I'm going to make you north-enders drive! Mwa-ah-ah-ahhhh!

Have you made your decision? I need a burger!

I'm leaning towards Hudson, so that all of you nortenos don't have to travel deep into the heart of Burien. :P The rest of this month is kind of shot for me, so it may have to wait until Sept, unless others want to carry the flag.

I'm leaning towards Hudson, so that all of you nortenos don't have to travel deep into the heart of Burien. :P The rest of this month is kind of shot for me, so it may have to wait until Sept, unless others want to carry the flag.

I've been wanting to try Hudson. Waiting until September works for me.

September would be excellent! (if it's not he 13th-16th when we have a houseguest)

September would be excellent! (if it's not he 13th-16th when we have a houseguest)

Works for me!