Burger Of The Month Club

I'm leaning towards Hudson, so that all of you nortenos don't have to travel deep into the heart of Burien. :P The rest of this month is kind of shot for me, so it may have to wait until Sept, unless others want to carry the flag.

I've been wanting to try Hudson. Waiting until September works for me.

September would be excellent! (if it's not he 13th-16th when we have a houseguest)

Works for me!

September is better for me as well.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beatcha, Anita!   Let'd Do This!   Jason

Apparently on the other board, this topic has "run its course..."   Uh, yeah....

Gotta agree with Cam...It WAS expensive. Anita got the Stadium burger. Yup. 'twas big.   Yup. Did the Wagyu upgrade.   Yup. Was about as expensive as the Burger at the Palace Kitchen .   Yee

Despite the fact that, between the President in town and a Mariners game, it took us an hour to get there, I had a really fun time at Loretta's. It wasn't at all what I was expecting, which was more of a order at the counter kind of place. Just today I read that they are a sister bar of Georgetown's 9 Lb Hammer, which makes perfect sense. It also reminded me a lot of the Twilight Exit. I love the collection of crazy things all over (a ski lift chair!) and the ping pong table. But the best was the airstream trailer all decked out like a groovy lounge. Including the vibrating football game from my childhood!

My burger (the tavern double with added bacon) was meh. Actually it was pretty bad. The bun was dry, the meat was pretty flavorless and there were no sauces to doctor it up with. But I was having fun so it didn't matter that much. I'd go there again if I found myself in the area but it's not worth a drive to go there.

Thanks Fay Jai! It's your turn to tag someone!

I guess my assesment of the burger is more charitable. It's what I would expect/hope for in a cheap neighborhood dive bar burger. No, not worth travelling across town for, but glad to have it relatively close to my house.

Fay Jai indicated that he was going to tag me to pick the next BOM destination. Will have to mull the possibilities and decide exactly how far south I'm going to make you north-enders drive! Mwa-ah-ah-ahhhh!

Chiming in to say September works for me too!

I also never wrote up my feelings on Loretta's burger. I liked the space and if it was in my neighborhood, I'd be happy. Loved the retro airstream trailer! The well drinks are a steal at 4.50 each and my G&T was serviceable, even if it was made with Gilbey's gin :blink: I had the deluxe cheeseburger with bacon, which was a 1/3 lb patty with lettuce, tomato and supposedly special sauce. I think I would have liked the burger fine if it had had more sauce on it, or I'd gotten the tartar I'd asked for, so I could have put some of that on it. As it was, it was a fairly dry burger. I liked the plain fried, but, again, would have liked them better with tartar. I'll admit, I could have gone up and requested the tartar on my own, but the place was busy with just the one server/bartender, and I didn't feel like waiting in line. The people were friendly and I'd go back if I lived in the neighborhood.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm leaning towards Hudson, so that all of you nortenos don't have to travel deep into the heart of Burien. :P The rest of this month is kind of shot for me, so it may have to wait until Sept, unless others want to carry the flag.

When in September? It's starting to fill in, and I don't want to miss BOM :)

When in September? It's starting to fill in, and I don't want to miss BOM :)

I'm out of town the 20th - 28th so I'm hoping it's not then!

Oh, also, I have some nominations for burgers in the gritty city. Maxwell's Walker burger, cheeseburger sliders at Pacific Grill, the Masa burger and the char burger at Social. I could probably think of a half dozen others. I can give detailed tasting notes on each as I have eaten (and reviewed) somewhere around 30 Tacoma area bar burgers in the last two years.

Just in case, you know, you wanted to fly south for the winter.

Sorry folks, September is packed for me and I don't see a way to get a BOM night on the schedule. If someone wants to jump in and take this month, I'm happy to do October or some later month.

I'm dying for a burger, so shall we try 8oz Burger Barfor September, and hope that Tighe can make October work instead?

We could do the 10th, 11th, 17th 18th or 19th (after which Lauren is unavailable til October)

Sorry folks, September is packed for me and I don't see a way to get a BOM night on the schedule. If someone wants to jump in and take this month, I'm happy to do October or some later month.

I'm dying for a burger, so shall we try 8oz Burger Barfor September, and hope that Tighe can make October work instead?

We could do the 10th, 11th, 17th 18th or 19th (after which Lauren is unavailable til October)

I can do all those days except for the 11th.

I'm now good on the 10th or the 17th.

I'm now good on the 10th or the 17th.

And I'm not available on Mondays, but can do the 11th,18th or 19th. I also have Thursdays pretty open in September.

Sigh, any tie breakers leaning to one date set or another? right now we're at exactly the same # of people, swapping out either Jan or Lauren :( , depending on which date we choose...

Sigh, any tie breakers leaning to one date set or another? right now we're at exactly the same # of people, swapping out either Jan or Lauren :( , depending on which date we choose...

It's simple, just ask which one of them is willing to buy the most rounds of drinks. :cool:

It's simple, just ask which one of them is willing to buy the most rounds of drinks. :cool:

Hah, Hah, Vince!

It's easy, I'll drop out of the running. I've got too much going on next week anyway. If anyone else wants to go the following week on the 18th or 19th, let me know!